shot gun information

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Robby B, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Robby B

Robby B New Member

I have a shot gun that reads
    TOZ-66 2 3/4 12 ga 20 c-m
    UNIVERSAL sptg GDS.Miami fl-15
    MFG Tula ussr

My question is the gun was in a fire and all the wood was burned off, i had the gun sand blasted, and was wondering what it was worth for insurance purpose. And if anyone know how can i get the wood stock replaced.i would like to use it just for show. It has pretty etched ingravings of birds, rabbit,and a dog on the other side. any information would greatly be apriciated. please e-mail me
  2. Thorisin

Thorisin New Member

Tulsky Oruzheiny Zavod (TOZ) they have been making guns sine around 1712. Tula, Russia.
  3. Goody

Goody Member

They trade for about $300 amongst the cowboy shooters. Good guns, hell for stout. Doubt you'll find wood, if custom made it will far outstrip the worth of the gun. Sorry.
  4. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

If it went through a fire there;s a good chance the heat treating is shot. It may be too dangerous to shoot now.
  5. Charles Christensen

Charles Christensen New Member

DO NOT EVER SHOOT THAT THING. Being in a fire will have destroyed any temper in the metal and may have annealed/softened it to the point of blowing up or at least causing more damage. Write it off.
  6. Robby B

Robby B New Member

Thanks to all, do they make replacement stocks for this type of gun, and if they do where can i get it.
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

EAAcorp.com would be your best shot, TOZ was formed in with Biakal in a restructuring plan, so Biakal handles all TOZ parts