shot my first 223 reloads

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by ramdino, Feb 14, 2011.

1. ramdino

ramdino New Member

Well my son and I went to the range and shot my first reloads. Wow, unbeleiveable how much more accurate they are than factory loads. I'll never buy a factory load again. My groups shrunk so much that at 50 yds they touch. At 75 I am way under moa and I am a terrible shot. Hit the bulls eye at 100yds. Even on fast fire, firing as fast as I can acguire the target, I have tight groups. Even my son, 14 had better groups. We had a blast. Now I'm running low on bullets.
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

AWESOME - only word for that!!! Congrats to you both :)

Since these were your first reloads, you're bound to tighten the groups up as you continue.
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

thats what it all about ram, youre officially an addict, congrats on your new addiction!
  4. DGG!

DGG! New Member

Welcome to the club. Now you can shoot alot more accurately without breaking the bank.
  5. dksac2

dksac2 New Member

No, you will still break the bank because you will shoot more. No one shoots the same amout of reloads as they did factory cartridges, and then there are all the cartridges loaded with different, loads, powder, primers, bullet and OOL to find the most accurate load.

John K
  6. medalguy

medalguy Member

WHAT HE SAID!! ^^^^^
  7. mncarpenter

mncarpenter New Member

I shoot to empty brass so I can reload and shoot some more.I buy a box of bullets, or 2, or primers or a lb of powder every time I go to the gunshop. Never spend more than 25 bucks, and am managing to accumulate a stockpile, not huge, cuzI keep shooting the stuff, but enough for a thousand rounds or so of anything I shoot. Kinda of a nice way to buy components, tend to not notice $15-25 here and there vs buying a bunch of stuff at once.
    The 223 is a nice round to reload, cheap to build even a premium round. and a hoot to shoot.