Shot the Citadel today

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by jedwil, Jun 18, 2012.

1. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member

Finally got to the range with the Citadel Compact. It's the first time firing a 1911 or .45ACP since the Army 40+ years ago. I did not like the platform at that time and I have avoided them ever since. The recent Texas TFF get together opened my eyes a bit after handling Time2Shoots Compact and being around several 1911 shooters. And I bought a Compact to wear Woodnuts fine grips. At any rate, I went to the range today with only some Winchester FMJ and it and the pistol worked perfectly. I had bought some JHP to see how it cycled but I forgot it. I was very pleased with the trigger and accuracy. I only fired from 7 yards and was happy with the results. I certainly am not much of a pistol shot but I did so much better than with the DAO's that I own. So, I am a new fan. And, Josh, the sights are right on............When I can hit the 10 ring things are tuned right.
    The only issue is a tight mag release and I can work on that.
    Next may be a SA EMP.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Good deal John. Were they right on without any adjustment?
  3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

My Citadel compact shoots like a champ. It just takes the first shot to remind me how light of a trigger pull it has.
  4. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member

No adjustment. Sweet...............
  5. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I bought an EMP and it was pretty nice but I ended up selling it. I prefer my colt defender or my s & w scandium commander. Enjoy the citadel, I liked the one I had.
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Good deal. then my calculation was correct with the front sight I ordered being .005" shorter than the factory. With the adjustable rear that put zero elevation all the way against the slide. That means, if you were so incluned John, that you can adjust it to hit a steel plate at 100 yds if you like, make note of the revs needed from zero and go right back to your close range zero for carry with a twist of a wrist. ;)
  7. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member

Maybe I'll make it my new coyote gun...............Very happy with the work, Josh. How about the same set up on a Beretta 92SBC? Let me know--a guy can't have too many long range pistols.
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Thats the beauty of adjustable sights. I see no reason we cant upgrade the sights on the 92. There is a bretty big market for adjustable beretta 92 sights too.