shotgun for salt air enviro

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by shootin bottlecaps, Apr 7, 2010.

1. shootin bottlecaps

shootin bottlecaps New Member

Looking for a semi auto shotgun to use for shooting clays off the back of the boat on slow fishing days. Any suggestions on a good gun to use in a salt air environment. Something that won't break the bank but will still be very reliable?
  2. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Beretta A391 Xtrema2 is made for environments like that. Kind of expensive though, but a great shotgun. Maybe you could find a used one?
  3. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

Mossberg 500 series, Marine. Comes in a water tite container and is stainless. I think it also comes with stock and interchangeble pistol grip for about 4-5 hundred bucks.
  4. wpage

wpage Active Member

5. shootin bottlecaps

Thanks for the input. Looks like on my budget, a pump is the way to go if I can get the Remington 870 or the Mossberg 500 with a full length barrel. The websites say they come with 18" barrels.
  6. shootin bottlecaps

The remington 887 says it has a anti rust polymer coating on all external surfaces. Anyone have any experience with this gun? How does it compare with the 870?
  7. wpage

wpage Active Member

No experience but it is the latest and greatest...
    There are however over 10million owners of the 870s out there. Thats alot of users.