1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Shotgun hull question

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by bucksnducks, Sep 20, 2009.

1. bucksnducks

bucksnducks New Member

Anyone reloaded shotgun hulls from Estate or Winchester Universal ? I have always used AA hulls and haven't heard of anyone locally using these others> Thanks.
  2. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

I bought a case of Estate 12 ga shells to shoot trap with. 1-1/8 of shot & then I re-loaded some of them with my standard load I use on AA hulls that's 18.5 gr red dot powder, 1-1/8 of 7.5 shot, win 209 & windjammer wad. The crimp was perfect using the same press settings as for AA huls & they shot/patterned well.

Welcome to the forum!
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

+1, popgunner explained it well, Just make sure you segregate the fiber basewad from the plastic basewad and one piece hulls. A load developed in a one piece hull or one with a plastic basewad will be real light in a hull with a fiber basewad. One developed in a fiber basewad hull will be HOT in a plastic base wad or one piece hull. Be safe;)
  4. bucksnducks

bucksnducks New Member

Thanks for the info. I have been reading some of the other threads on this forum. Super resource!