Shotgun hull question

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by bucksnducks, Sep 20, 2009.

1. bucksnducks

bucksnducks New Member

Anyone reloaded shotgun hulls from Estate or Winchester Universal ? I have always used AA hulls and haven't heard of anyone locally using these others> Thanks.
  2. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

I bought a case of Estate 12 ga shells to shoot trap with. 1-1/8 of shot & then I re-loaded some of them with my standard load I use on AA hulls that's 18.5 gr red dot powder, 1-1/8 of 7.5 shot, win 209 & windjammer wad. The crimp was perfect using the same press settings as for AA huls & they shot/patterned well.

Welcome to the forum!
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

+1, popgunner explained it well, Just make sure you segregate the fiber basewad from the plastic basewad and one piece hulls. A load developed in a one piece hull or one with a plastic basewad will be real light in a hull with a fiber basewad. One developed in a fiber basewad hull will be HOT in a plastic base wad or one piece hull. Be safe;)
  4. bucksnducks

bucksnducks New Member

Thanks for the info. I have been reading some of the other threads on this forum. Super resource!