shotgun info.

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by j32, Nov 28, 2012.

1. j32

j32 New Member

Hi , Im looking to find out more about this shotgun I have. It is a 12 GA.
    side by side double and says Montgomery Ward Western field deluxe on
    the barrels. It has a bird dog engraving on the receiver and the serial #
    is : 15399. I have tried doing a search on the serial # and have asked around but can't find any info. on it. Thanks for any help you can offer.

J32
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Montgomery Ward never made firearms, what they did, as other large retaiers such as Sears , Western Auto and others, was to contract with different firearm manufactures to sell their firearms under Montgomery Ward's own Trade Name/Store Brand of Western Field. 15399 is probably the index or stocking number but I can't find it in the crossover list. Your shotgun is more than likely a Stevens or even a Nobel, perhaps some one on the forum can recognize the brand from a clear over all photo.
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  3. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

A model # would help.
    Look it over for a model # If you can't find one then we need to see pics.
    Mike
  4. j32

j32 New Member

Thanks guys, I did look for a model # but couldn't find anything other than
    the serial #. I will try to post some pics. but honestly don't know how to
    do it on here....I could email them.
  5. Popeye

Popeye New Member

Remove your shotgun's forearm, break the action open and remove the barrels. Look straight down into the frame. What you are looking at is the shotgun's table. What is marked on the table?

Examine the undersides of the barrels. Is anything marked there?