Shotgun press question

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

the real fredneck
    (11/26/01 11:49:46 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Shotgun press question
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Planning on getting son a press to reload for his 20 gauge question is whether to get a Lee Load-All or spend more than 2X as much for another brand MEC or whichever? Won't be doing that many shells per year to need anything extra fancy. Had a Lee in 12 gauge but have since gotten rid of it 'cause I got rid of all my 12 gauge shotguns. It worked pretty good for the money but I thought the crimping could have been better. Appreciate all thoughts and ideas on this.

warpig883
    (11/26/01 4:50:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Shotgun press question
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have a couple Lee Load Alls one in 12 and one in 20. I have not used the 12 since I got a Mec Grabber. The 20 is still used a couple times a year. They are good for minimal usage they are too slow for anything else in my opinion. They do work good but are not adjustable except for powder and shot bushings.
    Why look'st thou so? With my cross bow I shot the Albatross.

WyomingSwede
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (11/28/01 12:32:31 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Shotgun press question
    I agree with the Warpig yet again. If he is doing a lot of shells go with the MEC. If an intermittant reloader...the Lee load-all will service all his needs admirably. regards swede
    Wyoming Swede