Shotgun Question. Browning A5?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Chick4, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Chick4

Chick4 New Member

I've got a question about an old shotgun that was passed down from my grandfather. Description as follows: "Fabrique Nationale D'Armes De Guerre Herstal Belgique" on left side of receiver,over "Browning s patent depose" in smaller type. "Acier Special" on left side of barrel, followed by what looks like: a fishhook; a "J" with a star over it; a standing stick figure animal over a line with P.V under it; another "J" with a star over it; a line with a diamond at the bottom of it; a diamond shape with a 12 and a curved line in it; an oval with an E over LG over a star inside of it. On the underside where the shells are loaded is a serial number. It is worn at each end, but looks to be: 61006. The 100 is very clear, but the 6's at each end have been rubbed almost out, or they were not imprinted as deeply as the middle of the number. On the right side of the receiver are the: fishhook with a star, the line with a diamond at the bottom, and the standing stick figure over P.V . Can anybody tell me just what I've got and the year it was made??? Thanks for any help (and I think I'm getting the hang of this posting stuff)

I just read the "instructions" at the top of this posting topic and discovered what the E over LG is, but still would like to know more. I guess I should have listened to my teachers all those years ago, "Read the instructions before you start".
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2006