shotgun reloading question?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by ryan42, Jul 28, 2012.

1. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

I was filling my shot in my Lee loadall2 and I accidentally got 3 or 4 bbs in my powder.Do I empty my powder and throw it out or will it hurt anything?If I have to dump the powder whats the best way to do it since its mounted to the bench.
  2. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

Don't throw it out, I would for sure separate them but just do small amounts of powder at a time and do the tedious task of picking out the shot. happens to the best of us, a little patience and you'll be good to go.

I doubt it would do much if any damage to the gun but not worth the risk to me, peace of mind really. A large piece of creased cardboard or similar, tilt it so the shot rolls down and blow the powder 'up' the incline (not too steep) or whatever other creative method you can imagine.
  3. bobski

bobski Former Guest

got an old flour sifter laying around? you know the rest!
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Nah ryan, A stray BB or 2 in the powder aint gonna hurt nuttn in a trap load. But you can empty it without unscrewing your press. Just pop the hingepins out on the sides of the handle and lift the top off. Then you can block your shot side with the palm of your hand while you dump your powder into a temporary container for sifting.
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

just to remind folks this is a load all II the plastic guages can be bent or nicked allowing extra posder to leak of too big a bit of shot is in it , yes most roll out the way but the powder can hold em where they get pinched

plastic bits suck as ya cant treat em like metal

my 2 cents