Shotgun stock blanks?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Country101, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Country101

Country101 Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2004
    NW AR
    I need a new stock for my 12 ga, but dont like the grip that it comes on most of the stocks. I was thinking of having my father-in-law make me a stock if he has time. When I started looking at blanks my jaw hit the floor. $300-1500 for a little piece of stinkin wood?!?! Am I just hitting the wrong sites? I just want a decent looking piece of wood that I can have made into a comfortable stock and forearm. Can anybody give me some help?

2. inplanotx

inplanotx Active Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Texas

3. Country101

Feb 28, 2004
    NW AR
    Sorry IPT, I'm looking for one for my Revelation 310A. It's just like a Mossberb 500A. I'm also looking more for a blank than a replacement stock. I dont like the grip the stocks have and want to have a little more meat on it so that my hand is kept closer to the trigger. I think I'll have to work with a blank to get that.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2006
  4. inplanotx

inplanotx Active Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Texas
  5. Country101

Feb 28, 2004
    NW AR
    I looked on Boyd's again and found some blanks, but I couldn't get pictures to come up. I think I'll get a catalog. Let me know if you find any other blank sellers(Especially ones that aint in California. Dont wanna do business with them.)