Shotgun???

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Bill Sweetman, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Bill Sweetman

Bill Sweetman New Member

A good friend of mine has a 12 guage mossberg 500 pump. It is somewhat old but he only paid like 300 bucks if memory serves......the gun does the job it is tough reliable a pump and has put the odd rabbit and grouse in the freezer!

It is what I want CHEAP and not UGLY. A pump action is really my only limiting criteria. So I guess my question is what CHEAP PUMP do you guys (and gals) reccomend??

Thanks
    Bill
  2. tim peterson

tim peterson Member

Hey, Bill the other day my buddy phoned my house and wanted to come over and show me his new 12GA pump. He came over with a new Stoeger, P-350 pump, nice gun! The gun has a synthetic stock (wood avable,) and a 26 inch barrel. He claims he payed 325.00, we shot the gun and I think I am going to buy the semi auto version. There good guns for the price, and the pump well shoot 3 1/2 inch schells if needed. Have fun and good Hunting!!!
  3. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Mossberg pump works for me. I have other flavors in my rack but one particular old Mossberg 20 gauge pump is the one I use the most of all my shotguns.
  4. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    mossbergs are good solid shot guns,however there are 870 remingtons and 1300 winchesters out there for about the same price old semperfi
  5. ski9393

ski9393 New Member

Check out a New England Firearms Pardner Pump. The older ones looked alot like 870s and seem to be comparable in reliability. I've been considering getting one since my Mossberg 500 is now kinda old, it's still plenty reliable, but I got it for christmas when I was 12 and want to keep in case i have a kid one day.
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

mossy 500's and rem 870's both very reliable and able to be modded to your wishes reliably and inexpensively ( but yeah you can go nutz with them too ;) )

but a recoil pad and butt wrap ( spare shell holder ) are pretty much all the optioning you need

there are some cheap paki and ruski ones about

but the ruski's vary in quality ( but they do vary to the excellent so maybe worth a look if your knowledgeable) and the paki's are just cheap and nasty and the coatings suck

but if you stick to the Remington or Mossberg i'd doubt you will regret it

cheers

jack
  7. wpage

wpage Active Member

Agree with Jack lots of choices but stick with old reliable Rem 870 and Mossy...
  8. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

I bought my 870 NIB from a chain sporting goods store (Dunham's) in 2008 for only $220. That's a lot of shotgun for the money.

Even if you pay $300 for one, I think the Remington is the way to go.