The Firearms Forum banner

shotshell loaders, step inside

402 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  68c15 
#1 ·
I am having some issues with loads for my 12g Browning Maxus. Normal light loads I did in the past for an 870 pump do not cycle in my auto. I stepped it up a bit using recipes from Lyman's 5th. I followed the book exactly.
I am using Winchester AA/HS hulls (2 3/4"), 17.7gr of 700X, W209 primer, WAA12 wads with 30 pounds of wad pressure, and 1 1/8oz #8 lead shot.
The issue is the shells have an imprint of the bolt face. At first I thought "uh-oh, this is bad". Then I looked at some of the same shells that were made in a lighter load that did not cycle but had the same imprint. Primers looked the same as well. Then I looked at some factory loads from Federal that do cycle. Although they have been fired in the same gun, there wasn't any imprints like there is with the AA/HS brass head ones. I would look at my empties from Goose season but alas they are all thrown out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.