Shotshell reloading

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by tracker77, Mar 23, 2010.

1. tracker77

tracker77 New Member

I am considering buying a shot shell re loader, I think I can get the Mec size master for $199. I know I will need shot ,powder, shells ,wads,and a re-loader book. What else will I need??
  2. Freebore

Freebore New Member

The Sizemaster pretty much covers the actual loading process, but I would suggest also getting a good powder scale for verificaion of powder loads, you may also want to decide what loads your are going to use and pick up powder bushings/charge bars that match your loading data.

A nice accessory is the MEC case stacker, its a handy item to have if you re-use your shell boxes
  3. muddober

muddober Active Member

tracker: I just wanted to share my experience with you and that is I stopped reloading 12 gauge shells years ago because I found that buying the componants and having to deal with it all, it was far cheaper to buy shells when you can find them on sale. The same thing can be said for 20 gauge as well. I still load for 10 gauge and if I shot a lot skeet and was shooting a 28 gauge or a 410 I would probably reload those because they cost almost twice as much as 12 gauge shells. When I was loading I had what was then the state of art Ponsness Warren, and even at its high rate of shells per hour it worked out there was not enough in savings to ever pay for the machine.

Ron
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  4. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

Primers would help. :D
  5. tracker77

tracker77 New Member

Yeah Now that I am pricing everything I am seeing that ,Thanks Muddober
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

If you load 12 16 or 20 ga. you wont be disappointed with the LEE load all 2. Theyre inexpensive and easy to use. It sux they dont make one for .410:mad: