Should I buy a Glock .400?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by rcevan, Oct 13, 2011.

1. rcevan

rcevan New Member

I have two pistols a friend gave me years ago.
    I just want to shoot at targets and gain experience.

One is a Davis P-380 the other is a Browning Buckmark 22 LR

I'm planning to sell the Davis.
    My brother has a Glock 400 for sale.

If I can sell the two I own and buy his instead, what are the Pros/Cons?

Ammo is more expensive.
    Is the recoil/kick different enough that it "pays" to get the 400 to learn how to shoot with it?
    Or is a .22 good enough for my infrequent use?

Thanks
  2. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

welcome the forum!

Is it the G23? If so, then IMO yes! It is three guns in one... it come as a .40 S&W, and you can buy after market drop in barrels for the .357 Sig, or the 9mm (also need G19 mags for this)... what's not to like...
  3. rcairflr

rcairflr Active Member

I wouldn't sell the Buckmark. They are a nice little gun and a .22 is cheap and fun to shoot.
  4. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

I agree with Caneman and rcairflr. A .22 semi pistol is just too much fun not to keep and shoot. Lots of Glock "knocher" around but I am not one of the them. Get the 9mm barrel for it if you want to take advantage of the low cost 9mm ammo around. The only thing I have against my Block is that it is butt ugly :D and I don't let it out in public but it is the easiest to shoot well handgun I ever shot.

Don't be concerned about the recoil of the .40, yes it barks a little more than the 9mm but it is nothing to worry about and easy to handle.
  5. American Leader

American Leader Active Member

Welcome aboard from the GREAT STATE OF IOWA rcevan! Don't get rid of the Buckmark, you'll regret it latter. Quality firearm and inexpensive to shoot!
  6. netexasemt

netexasemt New Member

I have two Glock 17's (9mm) Gen 2 & Gen 4, I would not trade them for anything. I wouldn't sell the .22 you have now either, but you can also get the conversion kit for a Glock to allow it to shoot .22 rimfire.
  7. Regular Joe

Regular Joe New Member

What you gain with the Glock is something to seriously counter any hooligans who would try to change your way of doing things. People counsel that you get the 9mm hardware, so you can shoot cheaper ammo. I settled on 9mm as my standard pistol round, but I don't own one single cartridge that isn't a serious self defense load.
    I think you'd be pleased to keep the Buckmark. You'll find that experience with it helps keep your pistol skills up, so you don't need to shoot the Glock very much. I enjoy hunting small animals like kangaroo rats with my Ruger auto pistol. The fun of the chase and actually hunting with the pistol is more important to me than whether or not I kill 'em. Sometimes, I use one of my Glocks for this too, but it just costs more and throws a lot more dirt.
    Check out Cheaper than Dirt for relatively cheap .40 ammo. They have a 500 round bulk box from BVAC, loaded with the Fed. HST bullet, for $154. That shows up in the flyer they send, but this is an unspecified JHP for even less:
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM5483-1.html
    $13.10 per box is about as cheap as it gets, even for 9mm, so this should help.
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  8. graehaven

graehaven Active Member

Glock, being the most beautiful handgun ever conceived, everyone should own one, especially in .40, which is far better than either the 9 mm or the .45.

[just seeing how many i can offend in one sentence :D ]
  9. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

This one of the few times I let my Glock be seen in public and that is only because it is in the company of real beauty.:lmao2::na-na::D
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  10. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

You say Glock "400" - does the gun have a barrel chambered for the .400 CorBon round? - or the .40 S&W round?