Should I Buy A Gun ......

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by JohnHenry, Sep 14, 2012.

1. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Well-Known Member

2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Going off on a tangent.

She said she walked in on a holdup in New York. This immediately caused my daydreaming to have her, instead of (as she really did) sneaking back out the door and escaping, pulling a pistol and shooting the holdup guy.

And that led the old BB-brain to all those "reality shows" and "pranked/punked" shows that seem so popular now. Wonder how big the stink would have been IF she had done that, and it had turned out to be some "hidden camera" TV show, playing a "joke" on the customers.

I remember one where a gang of "punks" were picking on some "homeless guy", while it was being filmed to get the "average guy's" reaction. I remember thinking that show would have been much better if "Joe Average-guy" had pulled a gun or a knife and put several of the punks in the hospital or the morgue.

All right. Return to your regularly scheduled discussion.
  3. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member

when I read to the "R, a scholar of Islam" sentence I almost stopped reading. I think her initial opinion of firearms is typical for someone with zero exposure except for TV or movies.
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

That last couple of sentences. Man. She needs more exposure to it. And her boyfriend needs slapped upside the head.

"Every time I look at that gun it scares me." Uh huh. And every time you look at a car, does that scare you? How about a kitchen knife? A claw hammer?

And then the boyfriend's brilliant comment. "It should. It's a gun". Moron. Be scared of a bad guy POINTING a gun AT YOU, but don't be scared of the gun.

Pansy.
  5. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

Well written article. Worth the read. I'll bet she feels a lot better now too. Good for her for getting out of L.A. and moving to a sane state like Montana :)
  6. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

She should have moved to Montana in the beginning.....
    saved herself all the anguish, fed her 'R' to the wolves.
    She wouldn't need a gun, and she could have had curtains.
    [and she wouldn't have had to waste all the ink in her Mont Blanc to write all that]
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  7. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

Well, it's written in a women's magazine. So, it really could get women less afraid to learn to shoot. My wife hates guns - she's slowly coming around the the necessities for having them and she does plan on coming to the range for me to teach her how to shoot. The gal who wrote that article did things right - she went and got herself educated. She's still afraid of firearms but now much less so. She's now at the point where knowledge has begun to overcome fear. Her boyfriends last comment wasn't helpful but won't have a significant effect on her learning curve.
  8. Jim K

Jim K New Member

ANY article on guns in a women's magazine that does not include the words insane, mad-dog, fascist fanatic, right-wing nutcase, macho lunatic is good.

Jim