Should i buy this...?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glocknut, Mar 11, 2009.

1. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Well...basicly i had a very good day at the CPAs office and it turns out i have more to waste than i had thought, soooo.... what do all y'all think of one of these??

http://www.50bmgstore.com/ar5050bmg-2.htm

Does anyone here reload for this caliber? Is brass available for it? Or bullets?
    And.........
    How do i fit all 6 foot of it in my safe??
    My exwife would have figured out how to get it in the safe....but we are not on speaking terms so i can't ask her.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

mike
    gn
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  2. durk

durk New Member

Could we shoot that down at Medlock's?:D
  3. artabr

artabr New Member

They have a pricey appetite. :(
    The reloading components are available but they are expensive. Also a lot of ranges frown on them because of the noise and damage they do to the burm/backstop.
    I hate to be a kill joy but just giving you a heads up. ;) :)

Edit: A buddy of mine had one, It was an AR-50. It was about a foot taller than him and just about out weighed him. :D
    He got kicked out of his gun club after he punched a hole through their 600 yd. burm.

Art
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  4. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Unless you have a good place to use it, I have to vote against it. It won't be fun for long on a 100 yard range, and the money could be used for a great variety of other toys.

Of course, if you're a boy scout, this would be one way to prepare for just about anything! :D
  5. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Nope! :D

mike
    gn
  6. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

No. Get this instead. :):):):rolleyes:

82a1.gif

The Model 82A1 series rifle is a rugged, dependable semi-automatic rifle. In simple terms, it has earned unmatched respect because it works in battlefield conditions. Our military men and women have depended on over 5,000 Model 82A1 rifles to protect themselves and to protect our freedoms.

Unlike other semi-automatic .50 BMG's, the Model 82A1 is completely reliable. Its chamber is chrome plated and dimensioned for both civilian and military ammunition. The extractor and ejector are proven to work under any condition. Close tolerances on all parts and intelligent design allows it to function in all environments. The trigger is appropriate for a battle rifle.

The improved muzzle brake, along with dual barrel springs and a long mainspring design make the Model 82A1 comfortable and fun to shoot. Rapid, accurate fire from its ten round magazine is a breeze.

The Model 82A1 fits in a regular sized carry case. It is transported disassembled as an upper and lower receiver. The rifle is assembled and ready to fire in under a minute by inserting 2 assembly pins through both receivers. Since the scope remains mounted on the upper receiver, the scope zero is maintained. The Model 82A1's M1913 optics rail is elevated 27 MOA to take full advantage of a scope's elevation travel. Emergency iron sights are provided as well.

For over 2 decades, the short-recoil, semi-automatic Model 82A1 series has been refined and improved. There are no competitors.

The Model 82A1 is what you expect in a Barrett. Dependable. Reliable. Well-designed.

Caliber - .50 BMG
    Barrel lengths - 29 inches (73.7 cm)
    20 inches (50.8 cm)
    Barrel twist - Right, 1 in 15" (38 cm)
    Weights - 30.9 lbs (14.0 kg) (with 29 inch barrel)
    29.7 lbs (13.5 kg) (with 20 inch barrel)
    Length assembled - 57 inches (145 cm) (with 29 inch barrel)
    48 inches (122 cm) (with 20 inch barrel)
    Front sight: - .070 inch flip up. (1.78 mm) wide post
    Rear sight: - .065 inch flip up. (1.65 mm) aperture, 1500 meter adjustable
    Sight radius: - 23.3 inches (59 cm)
    Scope rail: - 24 inches (61 cm) long

M1913-style steel optics rail, 27 MOA elevation
    10 round magazine
    Chrome chamber on 29 inch barrel
    Chrome chamber and bore on 20 inch barrel
    Dual barrel springs
    Pelican case
    Cleaning kit

* MSRP for U.S. civilian sales. Shown with optional accessories.
  7. glocknut

glocknut New Member

A little too pricey for me... :rolleyes: The bolt action is a little more my speed. LOL

mike
    gn
  8. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I never thought I'd hear you say that. :D:D:D
  9. glocknut

glocknut New Member

The most expensive item in my collection was the DPMS LR308 which was $2k... accessories may have bumped it another $800.
    Everything else was far far less than that. The H&K, the Sig, and the ARs were around a grand each.

If the bolt action is around $2500... then i will "think" about it. I'm not in the mood to spent $5k to $6k on a rifle. There are so many other goodies to waste money on. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D;)

Other worthwhile items would be to send the Colt Commander off to Wilsons. Or the S&W .500 Mag... etc etc etc
    Or high dollar h**kers... i've had that on the brain lately... :D:D:D:D;)

mike
    gn
  10. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I hear ya...was just kidding.:D The price of that Barrett would buy a mighty nice gun collection in itself. But...if I was loaded, I'd go for it.
  11. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

Saw these and wish I had them.

Attached Files:

12. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Glock nut you should go ahead an get the thing. You know you will not be truely happy untill you do. As for storing it......? I reckon you could stand it in a corner with a lamp shade over it.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  13. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

Any 50bmg is fun out here in the wide open western states. As has been mentioned unless you have alot of space these aren't as fun. We shoot anywhere from 1/4 to a full mile out in the desert & it is addictive. I looked at the price list that shows other models & I loved the 20" barrel one that was a "close quarters entry" gun. I'd be too scared to shoot one as an entry gun:eek::D
  14. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Yeah, it would look just like a tiffany lamp.... :D:D:D:D

mike
    gn
  15. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I think you should get one, but make sure it comes with a caddy....