1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Should I trade in my Ruger LCP for a LCR???

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by The Count, Feb 20, 2011.

1. The Count

The Count New Member

I got the LCP a while ago simply because it easily fits in any pocket. Do not really like the 380 caliber. I don't reload it and its more expensive than 9mm. Stopping power is questionable too, but better than BB's. A friend at the range showed me his new Ruger LCR. While not new, I had never seen one before. Really light AND nice trigger. I make plenty of 38SPL ammo already, so this part is a no brainer. However, I would loose one round...5 vs 6. What to do? Anything I should consider not mentioned here?
  2. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Its nice to have a back-up. I carry the LCP and the LCR and/or my Springfield EMP 9. I am thinking of trading my LCR for the LCR .357 whenever I can find one.
    My LCR .38 has the Crimson Trace grips and I added a hi-viz front sight which is sweet.
  3. bayhawk2

bayhawk2 New Member

I also am going for the .357 Ruger LCR.Shoots both the .38 and .357 mag.
    I think the .38 Spl. model and the .357 Mag. model are the same price.
    Just as well get the .357 model and kill 2 birds with the same money.
    I have the LCP.I'll never get rid of it.It is a great light carry gun.I think it is
    under rated.The .380 with the right ammo?6 shots?Get er done.
    The Ruger line of weapons are quality and that's what I want.I want it
    to shoot when I pull the trigger.