Should I try to trade my SKS?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (9/2/01 7:55:01 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Should I try to trade my SKS?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Looking at the gunrack, my Romainian SKS sticks out like a sore thumb amongst all the Mosin Nagants.

Plus, outside of plinking with it a little, I don't shoot it much at all, really doesn't thrill me that much...I have about 100 rounds and a bunch of accessories too...

I also NEED another Makarov, WANT a Tokarev T-33, or maybe a Star model B, may even consider a CZ52 with some boot...

Besides more MNs, I'd also consider an Enfield or maybe one of those new import Jungles...they are sweet...

Heck maybe even a Swede Mauser...

But the "Collection Kitty" is pretty dry right now, so hence the idea planted about the trade in my thick skull I can't seem to shake...

What do you think, should I put out the feelers on the WTB/S/T forum? Or keep it, and shut up, and enjoy the occasional MN I can buy?
    Well, I didn't win the Powerball, so I still collect Russian Crap and variants thereof. ( And am darn happy I can!)

LIKTOSHOOT
    (9/2/01 8:11:41 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Should I try to trade my SKS?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It could be a collector, if the "original" thumb meat is included
    "am not" R2

polishshooter
    (9/2/01 8:47:25 pm)
    No memory loss yet, LTS, I can see that! Maybe you don't need the little blue pill yet either...

Better get it now, I haven't patinatized it yet...
    Well, I didn't win the Powerball, so I still collect Russian Crap and variants thereof. ( And am darn happy I can!)

WyomingSwede
    (9/3/01 10:58:04 am)
    It has been my experience that when you trade it off...about six months later is when you have a pressing need for it. My motto is if it dont eat...keep it till ya need it. Course my middle name is pack-rat . regards swede
    Wyoming Swede

Bob In St Louis
    (9/3/01 8:17:10 pm)
    Hhhmmm - I'm thinking about a certain Type 53 Chinese someone wants ----- my Romanian SKS is getting a little lonely. Hhhmmmm -----
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

polishshooter
    (9/3/01 9:59:29 pm)
    The boy NEEDs a Type 53...and some type of a "pocket pistol..."

Hey, I got's ACCESSORIES!

Better hurry, Bondai's checking right now to see if his Russian 44 is either an East German, or a '43 Tula...

polishshooter
    (9/3/01 10:01:23 pm)
    And Swede? I MIGHT even consider a beat up Swede 6.5...

Spanish Cruffler
    (9/4/01 5:39:23 am)
    What kind of pocket pistola you have in mind? A little Noisy Cricket? Actually, last I checked, AIM has some good deals on CZ-50s.

polishshooter
    (9/4/01 9:44:00 pm)
    I didn't see any in their flyer, did you call them?

Did you get the new SOG flyer yet? I didn't get one in the mail yet, but I picked one up when I picked up another Russian M44 today...they don't have any specials this month, but they got some neet new stuff.

Not the least is the Schmidt Rubins for $139...

They also got Bulgarian Maks back in, I might see if Mr. Abernathy might recieve one for me for only $10, if I haveta pay $20 on top of the $109.99, it'll be pretty close to what I paid for my EG. (sniff)

But then I guess I'd haveta sell the SKS outright to afford it...HHhhmmmm....

Spanish Cruffler
    (9/5/01 6:11:40 am)
    Check out the AIM website - I saw the special on CZ-50s there a week or two ago. No - I haven't gotten the SOG flyer yet.

Unless customs is hanging things up, I would think we should see all sorts of surplus stuff coming in from the new friendly former commie block countries. These Star Model B pistols are out of Bulgaria. There has been several batches of Lugers and P-38s filtering in ---- I wonder what else is out there hidden away in some back country military warehouse?

polishshooter
    (9/6/01 7:53:27 pm)
    Then maybe I'd better list the SKS and be done with it so I can have some money ready to "score..."

IF you were going to list one, what would you start it at?

All matching, complete, metal is excellent,stock is VG with dings, I'll throw in a chest pouch, a belt pouch, about 20 strippers, the cleaning kit and front-sight tool for the stock trap, and MAYBE 100+ rds of ammo if I can figure out how to ship it...

I'll probably kick myself, BUT....

Bob In St Louis
    (9/6/01 8:26:58 pm)
    Start it at $189 with no reserve would be my suggestion.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

polishshooter
    (9/6/01 9:30:27 pm)
    Maybe I'll list it for a little more, and if I don't sell it I don't sell it...it was a "handpick" after all...

But then again, maybe I won't list it after all, I probably wouldn't get another.

I do need a pocket pistol though...what other CRs do you think might be coming in next?

I'm also thinking if China ever gets it's act together and the embargo gets lifted, there still has to be tons stored over there...I betcha they even got more Arisakas and broomhandles...much less 53s and 56s....

But I still get choked up over all the Enfields that got cut up and melted in Australia...

Spanish Cruffler
    (9/7/01 5:29:11 am)
    I would think it more likely we will be seeing stuff come out of the former European East Block countries. I am sure there is a lot of stuff in Latvia, Lithuania, etc. stored away since WWII. As to what is available right now, I would go for the CZ-50.

polishshooter
    (9/7/01 8:42:05 am)
    I'll have to give them AIM a call, there's nothing on their site...that was my first "miss."

When I applied for my CRFFL, everybody had CZ-50s for $79, I had already called SOG and asked about them.

I had the SGN open on my desk, just waiting for the CR to come in the mail...after 13 weeks, and several phone calls to Atlanta, the CRFFL finally came...and NOBODY had any left at any price.