Should the USA use racial profiling for safety?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rommelvon, Jul 3, 2007.

?

Should the US use racial profiling for safety?

1. yes

43 vote(s)
    70.5%
  2. no

4 vote(s)
    6.6%
  3. no way, we don't want to offend anyone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Heck yes, them muslim terrorist are fruitcakes

14 vote(s)
    23.0%
  1. Rommelvon

Rommelvon New Member

should the US use racial profiling for safety reasons in this age of terrorism?
  2. WarSteed

WarSteed New Member

I'd hate to say it, but i would say yes. By no means do i advocate violating their rights, but if you have muslim extremists looking to suicide bomb you, then it only makes sense to look at the muslim population. Just be careful about violating their rights.

i'd feel uncomfortable if they profiled me for being Korean (half) if Kim Jung-il went all crazy, but i'd understand.
  3. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Not just yes, But Hell Yes
  4. Jay

Jay Active Member

When it comes to crime/.criminals, profiling should be unlimited. If 80% of given crimes in a given area are committed by little green people with purple feet, then little green people with purple feet need to be looked at VERY closely...... to the point of "who are you and what are you doing here?" :mad:

just my 2 cents.......
  5. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    "But....but....but, we might hurt their feelings" .......:eek:

Said the stupid Democrats....:rolleyes:
  6. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I was profiled many, many times, growing up in SoNevada.

"What do you think you are doing out on the streets. Get home and get in your house, NOW!"

(Underage, out after midnight, caught next to a house with fruit trees in the back yard. :D:D:D)

Pops
  7. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

I think we shouldn't focus on racial profiling, but profiling of ALL aspects of an individual's life.
  8. berto64

berto64 Active Member

YES!!

And we otta start with Liberal Damnocrats!
  9. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

Scenario: A commercial aircraft is boarding just three passengers. One is an 85 year old, black American-born female with a walker, humming "Swannee River." The second passenger is a 21 year old turbin wearing Saudi Arbian male national, here on a student visa. He is carrying a copy of the Koran and mumbling "Allah Akbar" over and over again. The third passenger is a fifteen year old white male, American born high schooler with baggy pants, an Ipod, and the latest issue of Surfer magazine in hand.

Which passenger deserves special scrutiny? Which one - using common sense guided by experience - presents the greatest probability of a security threat? What would the odd makers in Vegas say the odds were of passenger one (grandma) carrying an explosive device? What odds would they give that passenger two would? How about passenger three? Now, to all of the answers that you have given to the questions that I've just posed, you must ask yourself WHY? If you're logical, and honest, you'll agree that profiling is wise, will save lives, and reduces the chances for a calamity.

We're so damn eager not to "offend", or hurt anyones feelings, or put two and two together and come up with four (young male + middle easterner = high probability of trouble) that we're blind to the danger at the end of our noses, and endangering the lives of innocent millions in the process.

F'em all, I say. America is worth saving. Homocidal Islamofacists are not.
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  10. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

A - M E N !!!!!
  11. Pops, was that before or after the orchard farmer loaded your backside with rock salt from his shotgun? :D

Seriously, profiling has been used for years by police agencies, both local and federal, and should continue to be used. It is a tool that is far too valuable and accurate simply to be discarded out of some half-assed desire to be "politically correct." My only concern with the use of such techniques is they can, at times, be carried much too far, and thus used not as a legitimate tool to control crime and terrorism, but as a means of harrassment. So long as we guard carefully against that sort of misuse, profiling is well within the bounds of responsible police work.
  12. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

.....and then we rounded up thousands of people of Japanese ancestry, many of them American citizens, and shipped them off to concentration camps.

And wasn't that a proud day in American history! :mad:
  13. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:p i voted for the fruitcakes....
  14. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

I went along with rosierita on this one
  15. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Racial profiling for Safety works for me