Should we care about this??????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 22WRF, Feb 16, 2006.

1. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

I'm just so upset about the treatment of those poor chickens. After all they are nearly human. :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Did I mention I had hot wings for supper tonite :D :D :D

Pamela Anderson is boycotting the Kentucky Derby.

Anderson, an animal rights activist, won't attend the race because of its sponsorship deal with the parent company of Kentucky Fried Chicken.
    "It makes me want to avoid Kentucky altogether, which is sad because there are so many great people there," Anderson said in a statement released Tuesday by the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

Anderson, a PETA member who attended the Derby in 2001 and 2003, has been involved in a campaign to raise awareness of what she calls abuse of chickens in processing plants that supply poultry to Louisville-based KFC.

"Like most people, I don't want to support cruelty to animals, whether it's forcing horses to race for our amusement or scalding chickens alive for our plate," Anderson said. "We have to be more evolved than this."

KFC's parent, Yum! Brands, was recently named presenting sponsor of the Kentucky Derby. The company will put its logo beneath the famed twin spires at Churchill Downs, on a sign above the starting gate and on billboards around the track.

Although her opposition to the Derby is not based on the Yum! sponsorship, Anderson did not look on it kindly. "I'm not shocked that KFC is sponsoring the Derby," she said
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2006
  2. flopshot

flopshot New Member

at the end of the day, does anyone really care what she thinks ? at some point the REAL people need to set these people straight as to how unimportant they are. stop watching the oscars, the grammy awards, and any other venue where these off the wall morons collect and pat themselves on the back. :mad:
  3. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Consider the source!!! Those are NOT brains that she sells......

:( :( :( :(
  4. wolfgang2000

wolfgang2000 New Member

Her coments makes 2 points.

1 Silicone DOES cause brain damage!! :eek: :eek: :p

2 Maybe we should pamper and pet the little feathery things------
    Till we KILL THEM AND EAT THEM!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :D :D
  5. Nortranman

Nortranman New Member

It just goes to show that every ditzy cause has it supporters. The world is facing war, famine, and injustice of all kinds and this broad is worried about chickens?
  6. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

:eek: Well.. The Liberal Media does print what it considers to be important! :mad:
  7. But Marlin, Pammy Big Boobs is right to a point. She thinks chickens should be respected and given their place in the world. The only fault with her argument is that she doesn't specify what that place should be, which is, of course, right there next to the mashed potatoes and gravy. :D
  8. Carl S

Carl S New Member

Well said! I have very little to do with the entertainment industry including television. I refuse to watch network TV except for sporting events.
  9. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Can't argue with that, Pistol. You have a good point !!!!!!!!
  10. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:D true dat! ;) :D
  11. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

On the bright side chicken will never be an endangered species as long as we use it for food. :D
  12. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Chicken is good but Spotted Owl is better :D
  13. Garnished with a nice helping of sliced liberal, and a side dish of diced eco-freak. :D