Show Us Your Rarest Piece of Reloading Equipment

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Kevin Rohrer, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Kevin Rohrer

Kevin Rohrer Member

Those who have been loading for more than a decade tend to acquire interesting, unique pieces of equipment not seen elsewhere. Typically, they are made from materials and a high level of craftsmanship not seen today.

Show us something no one else has, or something rare not normally seen.
  2. Kevin Rohrer

Kevin Rohrer Member

I have a few that qualify and here is the first one.

This is a Vega Tools, Belding & Mull powder measure clone that called the Schutzen. It is an improvement on the original, unpatented design in that the "clamp-to-the-bench" that never worked quite right feature has been replaced by threads so you can mount it on a normal powder measure stand. The handle was also changed, and there are a couple more improvements I can't remember. It takes regular-sized B&M drop tubes.

I bought it 10-years ago or so for around $175. Sadly, Vega Tools has pretty much gone belly-up and parts for it are no longer available. This is the only one I have seen pictured on any of the reloading sites, so I am guessing that few were sold. It works well and I have had no problems with it. That orange color is certainly unique, too and adds color to my bench as everything else on it is blue, gray, or black.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]