1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Show Us Your Rarest Piece of Reloading Equipment

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Kevin Rohrer, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Kevin Rohrer

Kevin Rohrer Member

Those who have been loading for more than a decade tend to acquire interesting, unique pieces of equipment not seen elsewhere. Typically, they are made from materials and a high level of craftsmanship not seen today.

Show us something no one else has, or something rare not normally seen.
  2. Kevin Rohrer

Kevin Rohrer Member

I have a few that qualify and here is the first one.

This is a Vega Tools, Belding & Mull powder measure clone that called the Schutzen. It is an improvement on the original, unpatented design in that the "clamp-to-the-bench" that never worked quite right feature has been replaced by threads so you can mount it on a normal powder measure stand. The handle was also changed, and there are a couple more improvements I can't remember. It takes regular-sized B&M drop tubes.

I bought it 10-years ago or so for around $175. Sadly, Vega Tools has pretty much gone belly-up and parts for it are no longer available. This is the only one I have seen pictured on any of the reloading sites, so I am guessing that few were sold. It works well and I have had no problems with it. That orange color is certainly unique, too and adds color to my bench as everything else on it is blue, gray, or black.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]