The Firearms Forum banner

Showing Off My New Toy!

3K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  raven66 
#1 ·
Just thought I would post some pictures of my new gun. It's a 2009 factory two-tone Dan Wesson CBOB in 10mm. They only made the factory two-tone version for one year and they only made 100 of them. I just happened to snag a safe queen with a single-digit serial number! Let me tell you, if you've never owned a Dan Wesson 1911, you're missing out on a whole new level of nice. I own a lot of 1911s, a few of which are considered high end, and this Dan Wesson is easily as nice. I can't wait to hit the range with it.

And then here it is dressed up a little...

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
beautiful ! I'm opting for the dressed up look, those are some beauties! Nice work on the grips !

#6 ·
Funny I've seen that gun before somewhere :rolleyes: I may know the guy that traded it in and the shop you bought it from. Top Gun sound familiar? If not then its just plain weird that I've seen two of these in two weeks and both low serial numbers and the one I've seen was also a single digit. Small world eh. Solid gun there and the previous owner is very meticulous about his guns. Maybe its the same one, and yeah I google eyed it too. Hope you don't mind. ;):D

#7 ·
Thanks everyone. I'm pretty proud of it too. I'm going to change out the bushings to slims and then I'll make a new set of grips for it from some really special pieces of wood that I've been holding back. I prefer the red color grips on a two tone also.

Helix - better go to that gun shop and snag that thing up. This one was purchased from an individual. I wouldn't let that information out over at the Dan Wesson section of the 1911 forum. Those guys will be fighting each other to get in the door to buy that gun. From what I've seen over at that forum, there's only 5 of us on the forum who have one of the factory two-tone 10mms. Either you need to go buy that gun or you need to keep that info on the DL until I can build my gun fund back up and then I'LL go buy it! :D

#8 ·
Holy cow so there are two of them out there. This one is already gone too. It was snagged by a on line shopper in a matter of 20 minutes and shipped out of town. thats why I thought that you may have been the buyer. It was a identical gun to yours and they are so rare to see I just though it was kinda ironic that I see it again on a forum. Good find my friend, I would be very proud of it.

#9 ·
Now that my friend is a keeper!

#15 ·
Thanks everyone. Having a single digit S/N when they only made 100 is what gives it a special meaning to me. I haven't decided if I'm going to shoot it yet. It will primarily stay in the safe, but I plan on displaying with some of my grips when I book tables at the gun shows. But I promise it will gave a sign that says "not for sale/do not touch"!

Helix - too bad about the one in the shop. I would have made a trip to Imperial if it was still there.

#16 ·
I would shoot it till I couldnt stand to shoot any more and then shoot it again. But thats me.

#17 ·
I'm sure curiousity will win out eventually. I've owned a lot of guns that I said I'd never shot and for some reason it never works out like that.

But it will probably be a while because I don't have any 10mm brass or bullets to load, and my extra funds are tied up in other projects right now. But I'll get there eventually.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.