1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Siaga AK 47 magazine problem

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Cajun Chooter, May 5, 2012.

1. Cajun Chooter

Cajun Chooter New Member

I just got a Siaga AK47.. it came with one Tapco magazine.. i wanted to buy more magazines.. but they don't work.. Pro Mags don't work.. the magazine won't lock in all the way... i read that some AK's are modified to take a regular AK magazine.. anyone have any idea what is involved to modify my AK so that regular magazines will fit ?

tia
  2. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

You can relieve the mag catch on the gun just a bit until they lock in or relieve(file) each mag at the rear lug just until they catch. That's the easy part. Because of the way they set in a Saiga you need to install a bullet guide just below the rear of the barrel in the reciever or the bullet won't feed properly. Tapco and Promag make Saiga specific 30 rounders that set higher in the reciever which keeps you from needing to install a bullet guide.

http://www.dinzagarms.com/saiga_762x39/saiga_762x39.html
  3. Cajun Chooter

Cajun Chooter New Member

Thanks for the info... i checked the link you sent... it did not have mags
    any idea on where to order some 30 rd mags to fit a Siaga AK47 ??

UP DATE : I DID FIND Saiga specific mags... thanks for the info.. i ordered 6 of them...

Last edited: May 6, 2012