1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Sig 1911 22lr

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by duck32man, Dec 6, 2011.

1. duck32man

duck32man Member

This has peaked my interest. Does anyone have one or can anyone provide some feedback? What's a fair price? A certain big outfitter is offering them for $369.99 with seems average priced. thanks
  2. Infidel

Infidel New Member

I have one. Bought it a few months ago at a gunshow. Love it. Got for $380 after some haggling. I only got the gun and one mag though.

I just saw today that cabelas has it on sale for one day only on the dec. 10th with a case, holster and extra mag for the price you posted.

Wish there was a cabelas in MO, I'd go buy another.

They are a great little .22 that so far has digested everything i put in it.

Buy it, you won't regret!
  3. trespoe

trespoe New Member

There is a Cabela's in the St. Louis area.
  4. The Duke

The Duke New Member

Ive a GSG 1911-22 ...GSG makes the Sig 1911-22 for Sig..I and two others who own the GSGs have had a problem with the guide rod..One complained of a complete breakage and the other said his was scaring at the tip end badly...Mine is also scaring at the tip of the guide rod after only about 200 rounds..Im thinking the guide rod is just a little bit too short and striking the tube that supports it on recoiling back to battery...OBVIOUS issue with the GSG..

Ive sent TWO emails to the importer, ATI, and have not gotten a reply... first one before Thanksgiving and the other more recently ...The other individuals owing this gun have faced similar stonewalls when dealing with ATI....forget about replacement parts..One guy took the part to a machine shop and got a replacement made...I dont think Sig has spare parts for the thing yet either...

I believe I saw magazines at Midway...Its a well made pistol and I enjoy shooting it...Once they get the kinky guide rod fixed it will be a winner...Providing that ATI gets on the boat with customer service.

BTW, the GSG, being the very same gun was about $40 cheaper than the Sig...only difference was the 'Sig-Sauer' trademark stamped on the slide.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  5. smlranger

smlranger New Member

My favorite local GS has the GSG for $379 and says he sells them as quickly as the gets them in. I am on the list for the next one.

I handled one he had just sold but had not been picked up. It seemed like a fairly well built pistol for the money. It is certainly cheaper than a 22 lr conversion kit for my Kimber 45.
  6. smlranger

smlranger New Member

OK, got the GSG 1911 22 yesterday and took it to the range today. It is certainly a great shooter. It feels pretty much like my Kimber 45 in terms of grip and overall weight. Trigger is not bad. I started shooting from a rest and thought it was hitting a bit low. However, when I started shooting free hand, I was able to shoot tight groups where I aimed. Ran about 100 rounds with no issues. Will keep an eye on the guide rod.
  7. redwing carson

redwing carson Former Guest

The GSG 1911 is a fun .22. As mentioned the spring guide rod is a problem. My rod snapped off the bushing after 2 Federal Bulk Pacs. No real problem I just drilled a hole in the bushing glued the rod in. It has went thru 2,000 more rounds no problem. It is right at home with the Colt Combat Cmdr. .45.

[​IMG]