The Firearms Forum banner

SIG 1911's

Tags
6K views 36 replies 14 participants last post by  firefighter1635 
#1 ·
Anyone have a SIG 1911? My local shop has a couple of Scorpions that I've taken a fancy to. I know SIG has long built some of the best, most reliable pistols in the world. (I'm not talking about style, personal preference or anything else except the quality of the design and execution of the machine.) So I was wondering, hoping, supposing that they applied this same talent to the 1911's when they jumped into that market. Anyone have any comments for or against? Thanks!

#2 ·
I have a scorpion commander and its a great gun..I wouldnt hesitate to buy a sig.

#3 ·
I bought mine in .22 LR so I had something the shoot all aftenoon and not have to rob a bank to do so. I have a Sig 1911 in .22 like I said and I have run many types of LR ammo from ARMSCOR to CCI and no hiccups and for a .22, I think due to size and weight, it is a very accurate shooter and I am not the greatest shot with a handgun. Althought I love my Taurus 24/7 .40, I would buy another Sig in a hearbeat.

#6 ·
The only drawback to my scorpion commander is it has the rail on it and there are not alot of holster options out there for it. I had to have a holster custom made for mine. Other than that, its a shooting machine.

#7 ·
I have a 1911STX I can't say enough good things about it. I love it and everybody who's handled/shot it feels the same way.
Yea and its a beauty too!

#8 ·
It is my professional opinion as a Gunsmith that SIG offers the best quality in a production 1911 that can be had for any amount of money. Their accuracy potential, fit and finish rival the big names like Les Baer, Ed Brown and Wilson Combat. I have had the opportunity to work with all of the above and SIG is right there with em. In fact the only other manufacturer of 1911s that comes close to SIGs quality to value ratio is STI.

#9 ·
It is my professional opinion as a Gunsmith that SIG offers the best quality in a production 1911 that can be had for any amount of money. Their accuracy potential, fit and finish rival the big names like Les Baer, Ed Brown and Wilson Combat. I have had the opportunity to work with all of the above and SIG is right there with em. In fact the only other manufacturer of 1911s that comes close to SIGs quality to value ratio is STI.
I'll never forget reading an interview with one of the big name nationally recognized pistolsmith's. He said that every single make of gun had crossed his bench at one time or another in need of some repair. Even Ruger, even Glock. All except one that is...SIG. Hard to find a better endorsement than that.

#10 · (Edited)
The only drawback to my scorpion commander is it has the rail on it and there are not alot of holster options out there for it. I had to have a holster custom made for mine. Other than that, its a shooting machine.
One of the guys at the LGS that has the Scorpions said the same thing. He said that besides the rails, even the difference in the shape of the top of the slides of the SIGs could cause issues with some tight-fitting holsters. Otherwise they were among the best (factory) 1911s around.

#11 ·
I have a Sig XO 1911 and it runs like a swiss watch. I also have a Sig 1911-22 that is running good now but had a little problems in the beginning. Also the finish on the 1911-22 isnt that great. The 45ACP is top notch. I had a Ruger sr 1911 I got rid of and it didnt hold a candle to the Sig but was a very good gun as well.

#12 ·
I have a Sig XO 1911 and it runs like a swiss watch. I also have a Sig 1911-22 that is running good now but had a little problems in the beginning. Also the finish on the 1911-22 isnt that great. The 45ACP is top notch. I had a Ruger sr 1911 I got rid of and it didnt hold a candle to the Sig but was a very good gun as well.
I would recommend to anyone looking to purchase a Ruger 1911 to look at a sig first.....

#15 · (Edited)
I like it alot but it wouldnt be my first choice for CC due to the rail and holster availability...but sig makes plenty of other options...

Attachments

#16 ·
Make no mistake, the railed SIGs are 'Operator' guns, not CC guns. Them things are supposed to be worn outside your pants. ;)

#23 ·
I have been looking at posts and reviews of various Sig 1911. Seems there are many complaints about Sig magazines. Anyone have a negative experience? thanks.
That I wouldnt really know. I always replace mine with wilson combat mags.

#25 · (Edited)
Just read tonight that SIG has purchased GSG, the company that has been making the 1911-22 for them. I'm guessing that will give them much better control over quality issues.

#26 ·
The two Scorpions in the LGS are marked at $899. They are both used, but you wouldn't know it. There isn't a mark or sign of wear inside or out. Giving the condition and the current market I'm thinking that's a fair price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.