Sig 225 / P6

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by artabr, Aug 7, 2008.

1. artabr

artabr New Member

Have any of y'all bought one of the surplus Sig 225 / P6 pistols that have been showing up at the gunshows and dealers lately?
    $275-$350 seems to be a great price for these guns. I'm thinking about picking one up at the gunshow this weekend.
    It'd make a great little car gun.
    What do y'all think?

Art
  2. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

i own a p-6 and a 225 . the p-6 is almost as sweet as the 225 , but yes for the price it's a great gun. one note of caution mags are very costly. sig has just started remaking 225 mags and they sell for 49.00 each pro mag makes a mag for 18.00 but dont trust your life on one they are for range use only, very unreliable. but a sig for under 350.00 is a great deal. but hurry they are drying up fast.
  3. artabr

artabr New Member

Thanks for the reply. Yea, mags were my main concern, but had seen that Sig was selling them, so I think I'll bite the bullet :D and get one.
    It's too good of a deal pass up.

Art
  4. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

you won't be sorry great guns and don't believe the non-sense being dished out about the older ones not feeding hollow points. use a 115 gr or 124 gr stay away from those 147 grainers. hornady 115 feed good as does winchester silver tips and corbon if you want to go +p my p-6 was made in 79 before the feed ramp was changed ( 82 ??? i think) and i've had great luck and no issues with the above mentioned ammo .
  5. Dakota Red 1

Dakota Red 1 New Member

I was able to get an extra factory mag with mine for $19 whith my order from J&G Sales. Also got a third mag, one of those from Promag that oscar was telling about and he is correct. They are not quality.
    Hope to get out to the range soon and do some shooting with it---Mike
  6. artabr

artabr New Member

I bought one today. $300 for gun (made in 79 I think),holster (belt or shoulder), two mags and a cleaning kit. Some of the gunshow ripoffs wanted $375-$400.

Art
  7. Kahr

Kahr New Member

I picked one up at my favorite shop about two months ago. I got the 225 with two mags, holster, original case and cleaning kit, paid $250 + tax. It shoots great, my only complaint is there is some significant holster wear at the end of the slide on the right side, but for what I paid especially for the the quality some wear is easy to look past.
  8. RevDerb

RevDerb Member

I bought one about three months ago and I love it. Shoots straight, looks good, and is reliable. No issue with +P's either. MFG date 3/81. Came with 2 mags, duty holster, trigger lock, blue box for $300 OTD. I don't think that I will ever give it up regardless of what else winds up in my collection.
  9. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

Gee Art, I wish I'd pop in this forum more often...would've answered most of the questions beforehand that I had in my P6 thread last night and I'd have bought the one I found locally on the spot. DOH!
  10. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I'm a little late with a post, but I bought a P6 a few months ago when my friendly neighborhood gun shop got them in. He got 10 of them and I happened to be there when they came in so I got the pick of them. Pistol, two mags, cleaning kit, box, and holster for $285 +tax. One of the best shooting pistols that I own.
  11. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I have a question about these, since they are a bit older.
    Do they feed hollow points reliably?
  12. artabr

artabr New Member

I shot 1 mag worth of 115gr. Cor-Bons and it fed great.
    I saw today that Wolff has mag springs if anybody wants, they also have all the other springs for the 225.

http://www.gunsprings.com/1ndex.html

Art