SIG Customer Service — Outstanding

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by bloc, Jun 27, 2008.

1. bloc

bloc New Member

A couple of weeks ago, for our 44th wedding anniversary, I bought my wife a SIG 1911 Revolution Target Stainless pistol.

Alas, while it reliably fired the first round after manually racking the slide, it was a crap shoot whether or not it would discharge on any subsequent round (whose discharge cycled the slide).

(While the gun clearly went into battery after discharge, the trigger was blocked. It could be made to fire by partially racking the slide enough to partially withdraw the round from the chamber or, sometimes, by repeatedly squeezing the blocked trigger, which could sometimes produce an un-anticipatable discharge.)

We were disappointed and frustrated in the extreme.

So I called SIG a week ago Thursday (8 days ago), and instantly got a courteous customer representative, who then and there emailed me a UPS "overnight" label and instructed me to ship it back to them. No hassle whatsoever.

I bundled it up and dropped it off at UPS last Friday. Then, I tracked the package, which arrived Monday.

Yesterday, only 3 days after they'd received the pistol, we got it back. The invoice accompanying it indicated that the gunsmith had adjusted the trigger group, updated the extractor and test fired it without malfunction.

Today, my wife ran a bunch of factory loads through it (standard hardball as well as Hornady +P self-defense loads), and it was flawless.

And what a sweet gun it is!

Needless to say, SIG has my vote for gun-company of the decade. They did what they should do: not only did they back their product completely and resolve the problem, they did it in record time (coast to coast) and in a way that removed all burdens from us.

The 1911 is our 3rd SIG (my wife has a P239 and I a P6) — but it won't be our last!
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  2. Xaiver56

Xaiver56 New Member

First of all congrats on your 44th wedding anniversy! It is good the hear that Sig has great customer service. I have a P-229 Equinox and it is one of my favorite firearms to date, it is my first sig but most certainly will not be my last.