Sig Mosquito VS CCI Tactical AR ammo

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by macc, Nov 5, 2011.

1. macc

macc New Member

I've only seen one mention of this ammo being used with the Mosquito. Has anyone had experience using it?
    I'm considering this deal as bulk ammo is hard to find in my area and can avoid sales tax: http://www.cabelas.com/rimfire-ammunition-cci-22lr-dry-box-1.shtml
    Any thoughts?
    I guess I can always load it into my 10/22 if the Sig hates it.
    Thanks!
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member Supporting Member

3. macc

macc New Member

any thoughts....that you care to share?

For example:
    I'm thinking the Tactical ammo might be designed to feed better but I'm also thinking it might be marketing for cheap ammo.
    Actual experiences would be better.
  4. macc

macc New Member

After 200 rounds of Mini Mags through a new Mosquito I fired about 200 of the tactical rounds with no more issues. There was about one failure per 100 rounds, usually FTF, with both.
    Winchester Super X, Rem. Vipers, and Aguila hyper velocity all had problems cycling.
    So far I am loving the gun. It is easy to take down and clean and after two sessions I am making a lot of progress with accuracy.
  5. macc

macc New Member

A few more days out shooting and about 800 rounds later:
    I had no malfunctions whatsoever the last time I went out. We shot about 300 rounds of the CCI tactical. It seems to dirty the gun slightly more than Mini Mags but it is still easy to clean.

Also shot some CCI bird-shot with no problems (obviously it didn't cycle). Anyone know if thats bad for the barrel or anything?

On another trip we tried about 60 rounds of Federal Bulk ammo with no problems. I did find that more solvent and a stiffer brush were needed after using the Federal. I am planning on shooting through the rest of the CCI ammo I have and then trying to stick with the Federal since it is the cheapest by far. ($16 per 525 with no tax or shipping right now)

I will also try a couple boxes of Remington Golden Bullets I got on sale.

Another thing I've noticed is a waxy buildup in the magazines below the lips. I clean that area every time I use them and have rarely had to disassemble the mags.

I've also been using less and less oil each time I reassemble the gun and have had no new issues.

That's all for now.
  6. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

It won't damage the barrel at all.
  7. Ledslnger

Ledslnger New Member

Not trying to hijack, but since we are talking about the Mosquito. Is quality getting better on them? I heard quite a lot that you either get a REALLY good one or a lemon. I would love to get one, but with my luck I know which one I would get!