Sig Mosquito vs. Walther P22

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Dino944, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Dino944

Dino944 New Member

Just wanted to thank everyone for their advice and experience. Surprisingly, my wife went with the Sig Mosquito. She found the Neos too heavy, the P22 she didn't like the slide release and she had a lot of trouble releasing it with just her thumb. She tried a Kel Tec, and liked the sites, but it was really stiff and hard for her to use. I figured its just new and needs to loosen up a bit with use. The down side to that was the ammo is more expensive. The Sig seemed light enough, she could rack it easily, and the slide release was easy for her. So thats what she went with.

Also thanks for pricing info Double D. Unfortunately, the dealers near me charge 10% of the gun's value for handling guns from out of state, plus a paper work fee etc...so on these less expensive pieces all the savings offered is lost in the paperwork shuffle and shipping. But maybe it will work out in the future on some other items.

Thanks again everyone.
    Best regards,
    Dino
  2. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    Instead of the unreliable "plastic fantastics,' get a new or used Ruger standard. They're metal and are reliable. They are inexpensive for what you get and have dozens of after market add-ons. They have a bunch of different barrel lengths and types: Bull, tapered, fluted, slab sided, etc. Not as picky about ammo as the plastic ones and last forever. I still have Granddad's '53 Ruger Automatic pistol, and have bought every Mark since. The MKIII is very nice, though some don't like the mag dis-connect safety (doesn't bother me) they are good to go right out of the box, no changing springs. Take a look at what is available, or order one that strikes your fancy. Can't go wrong with a Ruger. TJ
  3. wingspar

wingspar Member

Congratulations on the choice. There is a wealth of information on the Mosquito in a thread started by Mississippi Dave over on the SigForum. Dave is the forum guru on the Mosquito.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/6730048702/p/1

Sigs are lubed differently than most of the guns I’m used to. I did a video on lubricating the mosquito. It’s definitely my most popular video, and Mississippi Dave helped me with the details to make sure the video would be a source of good info.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOkrDyHTKdM
  4. Dino944

Dino944 New Member

Wow,

Thanks Gary. Your video looks really helpful. I will definitely check out the info on the Sigforum.

Best regards,
    Dino
  5. wingspar

wingspar Member

Post back when you have a few rounds thru the Mosquito. :)
  6. Hijinx39

Hijinx39 New Member

I live in Bellevue/Papillion NE (Omaha suburb)
    Greetings:
    I know this is an old thread but if anyone is reviewing the Beretta Bobcat is a nice 22 mouse gun.
    About $350.
  7. Dino944

Dino944 New Member

Thanks Gary, I will. Have a hectic schedule and still have to do the initial cleaning but hopefully we will be enjoying it soon.

Best regards,
    Dino
  8. KCMITCH

KCMITCH New Member

P22 all all the way. Run bulk ammo with no issues at all. Great little gun. It also has great reviews vrs the Sig, which had some feed issues.
  9. pawn

pawn Active Member

If you ever decide to pick-up a 22lr wheel gun, the single six is a good choice. Used ones run about 3 bills around here.
  10. Buckeyeshooter

Buckeyeshooter New Member

Browning buckmark UDX, the grip works for both sexes but women seem to prefer this grip. The gun also shoots very well.