Sig P220 reassembly problem

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by ssgw 2010, Jun 20, 2012.

1. ssgw 2010

ssgw 2010 New Member

I'm new to the forum and I hope someone will be able to help with my problem. I took apart a Sig P220 to Duracoat it. I got everything back together just fine including the all the fire control parts. When I try to put the slide back on, the feed ramp on the barrel catches on the locking insert. It's like the barrel is too low or the locking insert is too high. I've made sure there is no paint interfering with anything but it seems the barrel is not seating properly in the ejection port. By the way, I love this forum. There's a lot of knowledge here. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Its probably the locking block being too high. It may be because the trigger pin is flipped with the notches facing upwards when they should be downwards. the locking block can be inserted with them upwards but with difficulty inserting the lock lever and having the block not fully seated.
    When you duracoated the gun did you duracoat the locking block? remove it if you did. It will cause the barrel to stick.
  3. ssgw 2010

ssgw 2010 New Member

Everything seems to be assembled correctly. The locking block is as far down as it can go against the bottom of the frame. The only problem I can see is that the barrel doesn't look like it is seating properly in the ejection port. There is no Duracoat in the way. I made sure everything is clean where it would touch metal to metal.
  4. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

can you get the take down lever in? Also remove any duracoat in the barrel bushing area of the slide. Just shave it away with a knife. Thats a critical area for lockup. anything in there even microns thick will not let the barrel lock properly.