Sig P226 22LR Conversion Kit

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by fyimo, Aug 27, 2009.

1. fyimo

fyimo New Member

I just ordered a Sig 22LR conversion kit for my Sig P226. I also ordered from a Sig forum member two magazine rebuild kits and followers that let the magazines hold 15 rounds and the follower locks the slide back after the last shot. The kit also contained a stainless steel recoil rod. :)

I was going to get a Kimber kit for my 1911 but decided to go this way instead.

I'm planning on teaching my other half to shoot with this setup and after she gets real comfortable with it I will let her shoot 9mm with the same gun when converted back to original. :rolleyes:

Anybody up here using one of these kits.
  2. pawn

pawn Active Member

I've thought about getting one for my Sig P228 but then I got a CZ 75 Kadet instead.
  3. fyimo

fyimo New Member

That's great and I thought of getting another 22LR handgun but I have 2 model 41's, a Ruger mark II, and two S&W revolvers in 22LR. I went this route because if my other half likes it I will train her with it and then convert it back to 9mm for her to use as a home defense gun. Then she will feel comfortable and be used to the gun, the trigger, and the sights. :D
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  4. pawn

pawn Active Member

That makes sense. You have impeccible taste in 22lr handguns.
  5. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

I've got one, very pleased with it. Also have a Kimber 22 converter which I keep on my Kimber 45, pleased with it too. Wife likes it. Also have a J frame 22 which we shoot to practice for our 38 snubbies without the recoil.

I never heard of a follower which locks the slide open, tell me more.

I got myself banned off the SIG forum for smartmouthing a moderator who was bullying another member. I despise a bully, especially an internet bully.
  6. fyimo

fyimo New Member

This guy builds a follower that locks the slide open on the Sig 22LR conversion kit magazines and he also has a spring & plug kit that lets you put 15 rounds in the magazine. I checked his feedback and the stuff works as advertised.
    http://www.collectors-society-slabs.com/shoppingcart/
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  7. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

I got the 226 classic and ordered the 9mm kit .LOve the set up what i found was it doesn't like cheap ammo,test fired a lot of different brands and what i came up with is this 36 grain or less and 1280 fps or more works problem free.