Sig p226 22lr jamming

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Kieran McCaig, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

I finally made it down to the range today with my Sig and it keeps jamming
    wont load wont eject only seemed to like remmington viper round.what ya think break in or just needs heavy loads
  2. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

im not expert but i know that the sig mosquito has a light spring and a heavy spring with it. perhaps this is the case. from not loading and not ejecting both, sounds like too strong a spring to me
  3. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

the 226 is set up on the full size frame so i dont know about the spring was pretty stiff when i took it apart for cleaning was hoping it might just need some break in time any ammo around 1220 fps was hit or miss the viper stuff is about1400fps worked great just that got about 2500 rounds of different stuff
  4. fyimo

fyimo New Member

It could be you need a lighter recoil spring but I'd try really lubing the rails well and see if that helps. It will also probably get better after it's been shot and had around 500 rounds put through it.

I have a S&W Model 41 I bought recently used and it looked to be clean and in good shape. Well on the first visit to the range it shot poorly and had several FTF with Remington bulk Gold HP ammo. I took it home and cleaned and lubed the gun and on the next range visit it ate everything including the Remington Gold HP ammo.:D
  5. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

recleaned it really good light lube then back to the range any ammo over 1400fps works perfect put 300 more down the barrel tired rem gold 3rd shot ftf
  6. fyimo

fyimo New Member

At this point I'd be calling Sig Customer Service and explaining the problem and demanding a fix. :mad:
  7. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

checked their web site under FAQ and depending which spring it has it might only eat 1400fps so I think the answer is hot loads no problem let you know