sig pistols

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by sigarmsbob, Sep 7, 2008.

1. sigarmsbob

sigarmsbob New Member

Hi,even though i am a long time shooter,i just recently bought 2 SIG pistols; a 220ST and a Mosquito.Any comments on their performance is greatly appreciated
  2. Nexxus6

Nexxus6 New Member

The only pistols I own. P226 9mm, P229 .40S&W. Soon to be getting a P229 in 9mm. Renowned for their to hell and back reliability andtheir out of the box accuracy.
  3. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

Somebody's been reading SIG's website... actually, since I recognized that, two of us have been.:D

I have a Mosquito. It came with two recoil springs, and the white (lighter) one lets it feed just about any ammo. With the heavier spring, almost nothing would feed reliably (which I think is why the previous owner sold it). If you have feeding or ejection problems, look to that.
    Otherwise, it has been a great pistol. I'm no marksman by any means (I'm working on it), but it's accuracy is better than I can do off hand. I haven't tried it off a rest in a long time...

The Mosquito seems to be regarded as SIG's worst gun, and if that's the case, I'm thoroughly impressed. I do intend to purchase another SIG in the future (probably a P6 or a P239).
  4. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Owned a 220 for several years, traded it for a Winchester 52. Good self defense arm, really easy to field strip for cleaning, reasonably accurate, too.
  5. pawn

pawn Active Member

I bought my p228 about 12 years ago and would never willingly part with it. Reliable, easy to shoot well and very simple to field strip/maintain.
  6. sigarmsbob

sigarmsbob New Member

Thanks to all-your imput is greatly appreciated
  7. MemphisJim1

MemphisJim1 Member

I only have three Sigs: P229, .40 S&W; P6/P225, 9mm; and Mosquito Sport. But, I'm always on the lookout for more. The Mosquito has taken a lot of bad mouthing but I love mine. I bought it as a subcaliber device for practicing muscle memory exercises and low-cost shooting. I use the heavy spring exclusively and shoot CCI Mini-Mags all day without problems or episodes, generally holding fist-sized groups through my drills. I also love the other two, but I treat them as "carry" weapons and don't fire them as much or as often. All my Sigs are easy to maintain and flat fun to shoot.