SIG Revolution TTT

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by jacksonco, Aug 23, 2007.

1. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Picked up a new Revolution TTT the other day. Ordered it from Buds Gun Shop and felt I got a fair deal on it. I have had it to the range one time and put 100 rounds of 230 gr fmj Win White box thru it and around 25 rounds of fmj Blazers, This gun did not miss abeat and shoots way better than my old eyes will allow me too. So today I drove to Cabelas in Wheeling WV and picked up some lasercast 200 gr swc and some brass so I can start my own loads. I narrowed my choices down to a S&W 1911PD, a Kimber Tactical Pro and the Revolution. I am happy happy and more happy with my choice.
  2. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Ahhh, come on. Tell us how you REALLY feel about it.

SIG make one of the best handguns out there.
    Let us know if you "continue" to be happy, happy, happy with it, and what kind of load works best.
  3. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Jackson, welcome to TFF. Hope you find a home here.

Congratulations on your new Sig. I just bought a Sig GSR 1911 this morning. It has the integral Tac rail on it. Now I just have to wait for it to arrive from Ct.
  4. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I feel very good that I have made a good choice on the purchase of my SIG 1911. I have been giving my Gaucho 45 COLT a lot of attention lately but it may find its self wanting for attention. I like all of my guns and it is hard for them all to get the range time that they deserve. Below is list of my handguns in order of aquisition:

BROWNING HI-POWER 40 S&W
    ASTRA A75 9 MM
    KELTEK P11 9 MM
    GLOCK 32C 357 SIG
    GLOCK 21 45 AUTO
    GLOCK 19 9 MM
    RUGER SUPER BLACKHAWK 44 REM MAG
    RUGER BEARCAT 22 LR
    TAURUS GAUCHO 45 COLT
    BOND ARMS TEXAS DEFENDER 45 COLT / 410 GUAGE
    SIGARMS 1911 REVOLUTION TTT 45 AUTO

WILL SAVE THE LONG GUNS FOR ANOTHER DAY :)
  5. White Hawk

White Hawk New Member

I've been wondering about Sig's 1911's. I've got a P220 Carry SAS and a P220 Supermatch (plus my summer carry gun, a P230), so I figured their 1991's had to be good. I guess I'll have to add one to my wish list.
  6. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

Any California residents:

Buy 1911's NOW as they will be removed from the California DOJ Certified list with the next update for each model. 1911's don't have magazine safeties or loaded chamber indicators so will not be Safety Certified for sale new in California. Each model has to be Safety Certified every couple of years and the change in the law took place last January. So that means that within two years or so every 1911 will be removed from the list unless the manufacturers incorporate the mag safety and loaded chamber indicator and I don't see that happening as of now. I think the 1911 manufacturers will write California off their list and only sell plastic guns with those features in California.

So buy those 1911's NOW!!!

Even I am considering a new 1911 (perhaps the Sig) even though I have two 1911's now. I certainly don't need another 45 ACP gun as I have a total of four of those.

I hate the liberal politicians of California and the stupid liberal California voters that put them in power! I know, MOVE! Easier said then done!

LDBennett
  7. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

CA update:

Did a little "tire kicking" of 1911 clones at the gun shop yesterday. The Sig, while tight, did not have the finish on it that I would expect from a $1000+ pistol. Neither did any of the others in its class. Is it too much to expect for $1000+ to get accuracy, reliability, and some beauty? I guess not, as even the Les Bear (Spelling??) was only lightly polished in the flat areas. The Kimbers were a bit better looking. None could match the finish on my 1987 Colt Delta Elite.

According to the dealer there will be mods done to the 1911 clone's designs to allow the new sale (safety certification) in CA. He pointed out that it appears easy to do each mod as the trigger sturrup runs around the mag and a simple machining of the barrel hood would give you a loaded chamber indicator. So maybe I'm off base with my predictions of 1911's going away in CA but he admitted they have not seen any 1911's with these mods YET.

Guess I'll wait out the deadline and see what happens as none of the 1911's I looked at in the $1000+ range said "take me home".

LDBennett
  8. berto64

berto64 Active Member

LD,

I presently own 9 1911 pistols & clones and just bought a Sig GSR 1911 that should be here Tomorrow.

You can never have too many slabside pistols. So far a colt 1911 has eluded me but I'll not give up.

There is one out there just waiting for me to find it.
  9. Silverfoxsequim

Silverfoxsequim New Member

Hi everyone. Just joined the forum and I have many different pistols, rifles, shotguns. I too have a new Revolution 1911. This gun is 45 AUTO, and a great shooting gun. I have only used Federal 45 AUTO 230 grain hollow points in it and do not intend to use reloads. I don't like to use "practice" ammo since I like being accustomed to the gun responding the same all the time.
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  10. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Good to hear that you are happy with your new Revolution Silverfox****
    I am now only shooting the 200 grain swc Laser Cast through mine. These are also the rounds that I carry with. I have had no trouble with my Sig to date and I am very happy with the weapons performance. Good luck and happy shootin!