The Firearms Forum banner

Sig Sauer P220 .45 cal. Magazine Replacement

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  buckfynn 
#1 ·
I want to get an extra magazine for my new P220 .45 Caliber pistol.

I noticed some fair prices on Ebay for some mags. And was also wondering if there may be better places elsewhere to shop?

I was also wondering what I should look for in the new magazine to have a good fit, durability, and functionability with my pistol? Also, what ammo to use since this is my first .45 since I was in the military.

#6 ·
Thank You for the info. My Sig came with a 7 round mag. Will an 8 round fit and function well?
The 8 round magazines should fit. However they will have a short extended plastic floor plate on them. The 7 round magazines are a flush fit.

As some others have already mentioned, I avoid the "Pro Mags." From my experience they have caused feeding issues. You are best to stick to the factory Sig mags, expensive but worth the extra cost.

The Sig P220 factory mags seem to be as plentiful as hens teeth right now. I have been looking for a couple of P220 8 round mags and X-Grip extenders for my P245. The prices are through the roof on the ones I have seen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.