Sig Sauer p229 or H&K USP compact 9mm?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by stvolante, Mar 21, 2012.

1. stvolante

stvolante New Member

I can not decide between getting the Sig Sauer p229 or the Heckler and Koch USP Compact 9mm.

I would like some opinions please.
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Well i had a 226 for a while. Its the longer version of the 229. Loved it and had a great trigger. Never really an issue till the frame rails split (not a issue anymore with the new rails). I never owned a HK but am around them all the time. the HK's always felt cheap to me compared to other manufactures. HK's are very good guns, just never a fan of that hollow plastic sound when the trigger is pulled. Reminds me of closing a door on a cheap car.
  3. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

This is the "BMW vs. Mercedes Benz" of guns. Take your pick; there isn't a wrong answer between them!

Have you had a chance to at least hold them both? The SIG is a 1/2 pound heavier. For some people, that's a positive; for others it's a negative. Personal preference, really.

Oh, and welcome to TFF! When you do make up your mind, we want to see some pictures. :D
  4. stvolante

stvolante New Member

Well see i have shot the sig p229 before and loved it, the trigger was very nice and it felt right in my hand, i have only held the USP and it was not very recently. I know a guy who has the same USP as i want to i guess Im going to have to shoot it before i decide>_<
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

229 is a very nice reliable weapon some club guns here have 40,000 + rounds through them, not enough time on the HK to say ..
  6. justsomeguy

justsomeguy New Member

Get the most expensive one first!!!!! Then when ya buy the cheaper one next its that much easier to get.......lol.......This is like asking if you should have sex with twins or two hot chicks.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012