Sig Sauer P250

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by gdmoody, Jul 27, 2010.

1. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I picked up a new Sig Sauer P250 earlier today.

Here are a couple of pictures. The first one is of the pistol laying on the manual.

The second one is of the components of the pistol.

The last one is of the serial numbers part, the trigger mechanism is the "pistol".

What caught my interest with this pistol is the fact that you can interchange just about every thing. If you want to change calibers to a .40, or .357 Sig, or even to a .45 ACP, you just need to change the slide and barrel. If you want, you can change the size of the grip to adjust for large or small hands. I believe that there are actually 9 different grip modules that can be had. They are small, medium, and large in Sub-compact, Compact, or Full Size. Mine is a compact 9mm.

The down side is that the caliber conversions are not cheap. I have researched caliber changes and what I have found is that they range in price from $300 to $450 according to where you shop (and if you can find them in stock). This pistol cost me $425 OTD so I am not really ready to pay more for a conversion. I have found the grip modules priced from $35 up to $68. I expect the prices to be high right now with this being a "NEW" gun, but it won't always be new.

As soon as I can get out and put a few rounds through it, I will post a range report. I am hoping that I can get out to the back yard some time tomorrow. I won't be able to get to a "real" range until next week, at the earliest.
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  2. big steve

big steve New Member

That's real nice looking
  3. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

4. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Very nice GD!
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  5. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Nice!
    Please do post a range report.:)
  6. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

RANGE REPORT ADDED:

I had a chance to get out in the back yard yesterday and fire my new Sig P250. Not a good report at all. I am not happy with the results. I don't know if it was my shooting or the pistol.

I stated out loading 14 rounds of Gold Dot 124 grain and fired 7 rounds from seven yards and backed up to fifeteen yards and fired the other 7 rounds.

I then reloaded with 14 rounds of 115 grain Berry's bullets and fired 7 rounds from seven yards and again moved back to fifeteen yards and fired the remaining 7 rounds.

I reloaded with 12 rounds and fired them from 4 yards.

The best group was at the 4 yard target, who could miss at 12 feet??

The problem is that with each magazine, the first two or three rounds were dead center and the rest of them moved right. This happened with each of the three times I loaded the magazine. On the 14 yard targets, all seven rounds were right

Even at the 4 yard line, the first couple were dead center and and the rest of the shots went right, not as pronounced as the 7 and 15 but still right. I am not talking about rapid fire, but slow deliberate shots where there were two or three seconds between shots.

I am not ready to chunk the gun yet until I can get it out to a real range, but I hope that it is my shooting that is causing this "thing". It might be that this system that Sig has come up with, where the interchangable upper and lower and the same trigger mechanism remains the constant, the pistol might not lock up tight enough. It could also be the DAO trigger making my finger tired after the first couple of rounds, without me realizing it??????

I will remain hopefull that it was just a bad day for me and it's not the pistol. I did not take any pictures because I was ashamed of the groups (or lack of groups).

Anyway, for whatever was causing it, I will hold my final judgement of the pistol until another day.
  7. rglbegl

rglbegl New Member

I played with one of those the other day at the range.
    Guy let me shoot his 357sig. So my wife and I bought 50 rounds and split them. Both of us were extremely accurate at about 15 yards. My wife liked it so much, it is now going to be her next gun. She likes Sigs, and she likes the little 357 round.
  8. group17

group17 New Member

Isn't your 250 DAO? If your not use to shooting DAO could explain the problem. Practice, practice, practice... will make you a better DAO shooter.
    Took awhile to get use to my DAO 2022 since my other pistols where DA/SA.

To bad you can't change barrels like a glock for $100 and a $6.00 new mag.

Best of luck with it.
  9. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Bench it and see were the shots place. From there you can determine if its your or the gun. Sorry man but its a 90% chance that its you but hey, you never know. Just practice, it took me a while before I could shoot a XD worth a darn.