The Firearms Forum banner

Sig sauer p250sc shoots low

8K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  jerry52 
#1 ·
My wife got me a sig sauer p250sc 9mm for xmas ive had the gun at the range 3 times and this gun shoots low its crazy i also have a ruger lcp380 from the same distance i can group the 380 tight and right on target the sig no matter what i do seems like it shoots low and to the right.

anyone have a sig sauer p250sc that shoots low?

#7 ·
Is the ssig p250 a good quality gun? Because I was looking to get eithe that or a ruger sr45, and the sig just looked cheeply made to me

#8 · (Edited)
My personal opinion was that when Sig caved in to the polymer craze with the creation of the P250 the quality suffered somewhat. I have three P250's and I don't even like plastic guns. I try to keep in mind that when Sig Sauer builds a gun, they do it right, whether it's plastic or steel.

I never cared for striker fired guns, which is what the P250 is. I bought my first one, I guess you can say, by mistake. Someone was offering a 9mm Sig Sauer pistol at a fantastic price so I bought it. I did not know at the time that the 250 was made of plastic, I didn't know that SIg even made plastic guns.

I have had striker fired pistols a couple of times before and hated them. When I first fired the P250, the thing shot great even for a DAO striker fired pistol, but still it was plastic. I tried to sell the thing and it seemed like no one wanted it because it was a P250, so I just kept the thing. I eventually liked it so much that I bought a .40 S&W Xchange kit for it (.40 Cal barrel and slide). Then I bought one in .45 ACP and I love it, too. I let my son use the .45 on his job (after I took my 1911 away from him) and he liked it so much that I just let him keep it.

After owning three of them, my opinion has changed and I no longer think there is any lower or less quality with the P250,

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
I researched it online and alot of people have threads around the net also saying there p250 shoots low and they have sent it back to sig and either got new sights or in some cases they replaced the entire slide and barrel,i went back and asked the guy at the gun shop i bought it from and he said "sigs are made to shoot low because its a carry gun and if u draw it from a holster to defend urself the upward motion of the gun coming from your holster combined with the being made to shoot low are best in a self defence situation,he then went on to say its not really a bullseye take to the range gun its just a great carry gun.

I have a lic to carry and thats why i wanted to upgrade from carrying my lcp380 to a 9mm with more capacity.

I think im gonna call sig on monday and see about sending it to them i love the gun but dont feel comfortable carrying it knowing it shoots low.

#11 ·
Sorry my friend, that the biggest line of bull I've heard in a long time. They are not made to shoot low. They are made for the typical 6 oclock hold just like many other manufactures. I know many people that shoot IDPA and IPSIC with sig 226, 229 with factory sights and they are dead on. The reason why I was asking about the fiber optic front is bc some distributor had a great idea of putting TFO front on them combined with the factory rear. Problem is the sights are now mis-matched and they all shot 4-5 inches low. Call sig, they will send a replacement sight.

#12 ·
thanks gdmoody i was just curious bc i was hearing some things about sig lately and with the removable internals it just seems to be a little cheapining

#13 · (Edited)
Is the ssig p250 a good quality gun? Because I was looking to get eithe that or a ruger sr45, and the sig just looked cheeply made to me
Sig makes quality guns, even in this day and age. Some of the nicest guns on the market. That being said, imho, the 250 isn't one of them. It's a good gun, but as others have mentioned it's a plastic gun cave in to all the Glocks that get sold every year and as such, imho again, isn't impressive for that reason alone.

#14 · (Edited)
he said "sigs are made to shoot low because its a carry gun and if u draw it from a holster to defend urself the upward motion of the gun coming from your holster combined with the being made to shoot low are best in a self defence situation,
Sorry my friend, that the biggest line of bull I've heard in a long time. They are not made to shoot low. They are made for the typical 6 oclock hold just like many other manufactures.
I gotta agree with Helix, that guy is full of it.

BUT...maybe this is my personal experience with Sigs...
I've owned three and all of them did not shoot to point of aim with the normal 6 o'clock hold. About 1.5"-2" low. They were P220, P226, and P6.
I found something online one time but I never bookmarked it that explained something about a "european" combat sighting method.
You place the center of the front sight onto the center of your target instead of centering the bullseye on top of the front sight. Basically, if you're shooting at the typical silhouette target, place the entire front sight over center mass and your hits will be on center.
This method worked/works with all three of mine. Still have the P6 and the P220.
The P226 was a three-dot sight pistol, but the P220 and P6 are plain ole black sights. All of them had sights in the 7-8 range front and back as shipped from the factory.

I've thought about redoing the sights on those two to match up with the rest of my collection, but I never get around to it and by now it's second-nature for me to use that sight picture when I use a Sig (mine or borrowed).

#16 ·
I had a 250 40SC and it was a great Gun for ccw with one problem You real had to hold it firm and be smooth and steady with the trigger finger other wise it will shoot low and to the left.
My first shot was always on target but the rest tended to drop low and to the left.
Gave it to my Brother and he could not get it to shoot any better . He gave it to his LOE swat son inlaw and he could not shoot it strait as well. It was only when they bench rested the pistol that he could keep the gun on track.
Some people can shoot this gun have seen it , but most struggle.
Range officer told me to stop screwing around with it and pull a Glock 27 and I have not looked back. Sometimes you get a gun that you can't shoot. I get my ammo free but my time and confidence in my everyday carry is what is why I was told to dump the gun. If you have the time and money keep at it .
Good luck

#17 ·
I have the 250 full size and it is dead on. I just got the sub compact kit a few days ago and it is dead on too. I am amazed at how accurate these are. I also read a lot of P250 bashing (more first model) but I think Sig hit a home run with this affordable, modular pistol. I love mine.

#19 ·
I loved the gun but was off and on accurate with it. No doubt that it is mastering the long slow trigger but who has time for that when you are expected to be right on all the time.
10 minutes with the Glock 27 and It was in my holster. Its in mastering the trigger.
Its Me, not bashing it, just moved on.
Many have had this problem, it is not bashing the gun to share your frustration. As far a help from Sig to these people nothing I have seen, so the bashing will go on.
As for Me I liked the gun but I have moved on . The Glock 27 is my carry every day sorry Sig.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.