1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Sig vs S&W 1911's

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by LDBennett, Dec 17, 2008.

1. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

I have a couple of 1911's but I keep being drawn to the more unique source Sig and S&W 1911's. Externally the finish doesn't match my 1980's Colt on either of these guns but what about the overall performance and accuracy comparison of these two guns?

Of all the pistols I have the Sigs and the S&W revolvers are my favorites and I woulder if any of their quality and performance rubs off onto their individual 1911's? And which is the better of the two?

Anyone got a direct knowledge comparison between them and where they fit into the 1911 world of guns?

LDBennett
  2. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

some fine banter about this very subject on www.m1911.org opinions on every 1911 you can think of with some true experts. i looked to that sight when i was in the market for a new 1911 . s&w wasn't one of my choices( wouldn't own one if they were giving them away ) but sig was in the running.any way you'll find enough information to make a good chice on that web site
  3. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I only have two 1911 style pistols. I have a Colt Commander and a SIG 1911 TTT model. Both have been flawless and are great guns. I would not hesitate to buy either again. by the way the SIG was my 1 st 1911.