Sig X-Five Competition

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by meandmy45s, Apr 22, 2006.

1. meandmy45s

meandmy45s New Member

I also have the Sig X-Five Competition on my list of pistols to buy. I have heard mixed reviews about accuracy and I'm a little concerned about some of the stories I've heard in relation to the GSR and the quality of the steel used in their manufacture. I have owned a Sig P226 in the past and could have recommended it without reservation, but lately I am a little concerned about the products that I have tried from Sig. Any feedback?
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2006
  2. BlkHawk73

BlkHawk73 New Member

With that price tag they command, I'd be leary if you have any doubts. Personally, if I was to look at that level of a target pistol in that price range, I'd be looking at the Sig P210 models. They have a proven track record and pretty much the benchmark that all others are judged by.
  3. meandmy45s

meandmy45s New Member

That's a good point blkhawk...i'll check out the 210.
  4. BlkHawk73

BlkHawk73 New Member

5. sarzak

sarzak New Member

i also would look at the p210. it is one fine pistol with a 50yr+ track record
  6. Tom

Tom Member

I have seen a number of articles on the 225xFive. Haven't seen one yet. I have seen 210s for years and actually got to shoot one years ago. Amazing 2 stage trigger. I have lusted after one for years. The price seems to keep going up beyond my means as my means increases.
  7. meandmy45s

meandmy45s New Member

This is just a hard one to crack the wallet for; it supposedly shoots great, but at twice the cost of their duty guns which could easily be used in a competition...I just don't know.
  8. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat Active Member

Depends on the competetion in question - I vote for the 210 too, by the way. ('course, its not my wallet!)
  9. BlkHawk73

BlkHawk73 New Member

You get what you pay for! Besides, if one was realy that serious about thier shooting and the competition the cost would'nt be such a factor. Of course to many that's just way to much for one handgun egardless of quality. For those serious enough and dedicated enough and also recognizing the "Sig"nificgance of the 210, it's a whole different genre. Kinda like those that shoot bullseye with thier $1200+ .22's; to some that's ludicris for a .22. To those in the sport it's well worth it!
  10. meandmy45s

meandmy45s New Member

Point well taken Blkhawk...these posting have helped resolve my dilemma. Hopefully you will see my decision posted with pictures soon.