1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Sight modification MN 91/30

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by sidewayskid, Jul 29, 2012.

1. sidewayskid

sidewayskid New Member

Input on this front sight offered by Smith-Sights. The idea of being able to adjust for distance would be good. I have an extra sight to work with. It is hard to tell by the pictures if the post is a good diameter. Shooting the MN has been a blast. Any experience shared with this will be appreciated.
  2. kermit

kermit New Member

i have his adjustable sight on my 1938 Tula M91-30. it has the green, the red,and the classic posts availible to use. as it is used for target shooting the classic is one i use. i tried useing both the red and green optic,but was better -for me-to have the classic adjustable one. he now has the front sight from my 1944 M44 and is setting it up for adjustability. i have extra sights so i can return to unaltered as issued at any time. i highly recommend his products. i have not tried the gold standard one as he was not offering it when i ordered my other sight.
  3. Ed Wagner

Ed Wagner Member

I put a Smith sight on my 91/30 and it is fantastic. I got the hunting version in red and can finally ( old with trifocals ) see my front sight clearly.

Ed
  4. sidewayskid

sidewayskid New Member

Thank you for the info, The adjustable gold sight is ordered. Following a vist to the range, I will post the results. Thanks again.
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012