Sight modification MN 91/30

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by sidewayskid, Jul 29, 2012.

1. sidewayskid

sidewayskid New Member

Input on this front sight offered by Smith-Sights. The idea of being able to adjust for distance would be good. I have an extra sight to work with. It is hard to tell by the pictures if the post is a good diameter. Shooting the MN has been a blast. Any experience shared with this will be appreciated.
  2. kermit

kermit New Member

i have his adjustable sight on my 1938 Tula M91-30. it has the green, the red,and the classic posts availible to use. as it is used for target shooting the classic is one i use. i tried useing both the red and green optic,but was better -for me-to have the classic adjustable one. he now has the front sight from my 1944 M44 and is setting it up for adjustability. i have extra sights so i can return to unaltered as issued at any time. i highly recommend his products. i have not tried the gold standard one as he was not offering it when i ordered my other sight.
  3. Ed Wagner

Ed Wagner Member

I put a Smith sight on my 91/30 and it is fantastic. I got the hunting version in red and can finally ( old with trifocals ) see my front sight clearly.

Ed
  4. sidewayskid

sidewayskid New Member

Thank you for the info, The adjustable gold sight is ordered. Following a vist to the range, I will post the results. Thanks again.
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012