sight picture

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by seanpcif, Apr 29, 2004.

1. seanpcif

seanpcif New Member

Many thanks for all previous help.

I shoot a glock 19 fixed sights with umc 115 grain bullets for target and idpa.

I am able to hit what I am aiming at at 10 yards but when I get to the 15-25 yard range I seem to being shooting low.

Do I need to adjust my sight picture when I get farther out?
    (aim higher?)

Or is it just me?

2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

That's the way Glocks are although most shoot low- right.

Install an adj. sight or use Kentucky windage. Keep in mind Glock is a duty weapon and not a tack driving target pistol.
  3. rglbegl

rglbegl New Member

Everyone shoots differently. Everybody sights differently. Also keep in mind line of sight is a straight line, where a bullet is slowely arching to the ground. Most pistols these days are meant to be perfect at 25 yards. Which meens the bullet has to rise to the sights by 25 yds, (Most sights are 1" above the barrel) then normally is a little high at about 50 yards, before taking a quick turn for the turf.
    But to answer the question. YES. Practice with your gun till it feels natural. or get a shorter front sight.
    Better yet, get rid of the Glock and get a 1911 (No offense, just personal preference - anyway,we gotta rag on the Glock guys here - right GN?!?)

--Beagle
  4. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Switch to a heavier bullet. The faster light bullet will naturally exit the barrel before full recoil is felt. Therefore it will shoot lower. Normal range for pistol sights is 25 yards. Using a heavier slower bullet will allow the muzzle to rise more before bullet exit and thus hit higher.
  5. 1911doc

1911doc New Member

Try using a 124 Grain bullet. It will be moving slower and generate a little more recoil, causing the muzzle to rise a little quicker. You may even try using Magtech or Fiocchi ammunition, or something of that sort that is loaded a little hotter.