Sighting shotgun

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by jim summers, Nov 13, 2009.

1. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step
    I have never understood the concept of sighting in your shotgun each deer season, i can grasp the idea of doing it one time.

For example i sight my shotgun(the same one i use each deer season) using a 2 3/4 inch shell pushing out one ounce of lead, using the same brand each deer season. At 50 yards i like the way it groups so i am satisfied with the sighting.

So what is the need to do that again the following deer season when i will be using the same shotgun same amount of lead and the same brand of shell, it seems to me that if it was sighted in the previous year it would be sighted all the time provided i am using the same shell each year.
  2. johnmpeters

johnmpeters New Member

I'm with you on this one. I've often wondered the same thing.
  3. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Probably not so much sighting the load to the gun, as getting you to remember what it feels like to shoot it, and make sure you remember how to hit what you aim at.
  4. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

We "sight" in our guns so we have a good excuse to tell our wives for spending so much money on shotgun slugs. At 3 to 5 dollars per shell we need something.....