Sights, for the Taurus 24/7 Pro Auto Pistol.

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by arover2, Jul 17, 2007.

1. arover2

arover2 New Member

I have a question about replacing my factory Heinie front and rear sights, on my brand new Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm pistol.
    With my aging eyesight I want to have Tritium night sights installed other than sights from Heinie.
    Yes, I realize Heinie has a great set of quality sights with Tritium options, but I notice that Trijicon, Meprolite, Novak, and other brands have much larger visable three dot lamps. And that's what I need.
    In my search I find these other brands do not make tritium sights for my Taurus 24/7 Pro pistol at all.
    I would even be satisfied IF another brand maker would have to make modified "cuts" to my front and rear sight dovetails, to install their sights on my slide.
    Does anyone here have any experience with changing sights on the Taurus 24/7 Pro?
    Thanks for any advice, I'd greatly appreciate it.
  2. roys29

roys29 New Member

I just replaced the Heinie rear sight with an adjustable Novak-style on my Taurus Millenium PT-140. I believe the Millenium is similar to the 24/7. I had to mill the Novak cut into the rear of the slide, but there was no problem and had plenty of metal left. The slide was plenty wide enough to accommodate the Novak sight. I decided not to change the front since it seemed to be high enough, but after sighting in, I may have to replace it with a taller one.