Sign the UN Arms Treaty petition!

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by wv hillbilly, Jul 24, 2012.

1. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Active Member

2. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Petition signed and letters sent to all reps. I just wish it would do some good.
  3. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

My comments added to the letter to senators:

We, the undersigned, call on Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and President Barack Obama not to sign the Arms Trade Treaty on July 27th in New York City. We believe it will lead to international gun control passed without consulting the American people.

These unconstitutional rulings will harm the economics of the country. Work out the revenue acquired by government and private business for those who travel, stay in motels, eat out, purchase hunting licenses and participate in shooting competitions. The revenus lost due to the loss of this sport will be in the billions of dollars range.

If the UN truely wanted to make the world a safer place they would start with a ban on alcohol consumption, which is the cause of much of today's street violence, domestic violence and road accidents.

To put it mildly I am very upset that the US is considering allowing an international organisation to make our laws for us. That is a direct affront to and assault on the sovereignty of the United States of America. The fact that these laws would be a direct attempt to allow an international organisation to negate part of the Constitution of the United States is setting a very dangerous precedent for the future of the people of the United States to be able to control who is making the laws in this country.
  4. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

5. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Active Member

I fear typing my name and email address on that would put me on "The List". I'm sure I already am so I did it anyway :D.
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Oh yeah! If you are on this forum, you are on a list! I'm on a bunch of lists!! My message was simple: Get the U.S. out of the U.N., and get the U.N. out of the U.S.
  7. Dennis C

Dennis C New Member

8. skullfr

skullfr New Member

signed and sent-like Carver I figured I am already on so many list it dont matter come get and get a lead injection attitude adjustment
  9. buildit

buildit Former Guest

Signed and commented the following: If their country aren't safe maybe they should arm their citizens not try to disarm ours.
  10. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

I signed it.
  11. 1969SS396

1969SS396 New Member

I signed it and the last question is that my phone number was required by one of my "politicians".....wonder why she needs that?:confused:....anyway, I sent it too.
  12. buildit

buildit Former Guest

She thinks men with guns are sexy! Expect a call for dinner. :lmao2:
  13. 1969SS396

1969SS396 New Member

As big as she is, I suspect dinner is a high priority
  14. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

15. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

Simple and SPOT ON!
    +1
  16. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

signed and emailed.
  17. Ed Wagner

Ed Wagner Member

Signed and sent.
  18. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

19. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Signed and sent and I also paid the 9 bucks to have them hand delivered to capitol hill.Well worth the money.We have 3 reps in Indiana so it was 3 buck a letter.
  20. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

Ok signed the petition, and got a reply back from my Senator already. Probably a form letter, but here it is. What do you think?

Dear Mr. Riley:

Thank you for getting in touch with me about the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty (ATT).

Since 2006, members of the United Nations have been negotiating a treaty to combat the illicit international trade of arms. The treaty would establish global standards for the import, export, and transfer of conventional weapons — ranging from tanks, fighter jets, small arms, and ammunition — to prevent them from fueling conflicts or falling into the hands of terrorists, warlords, and international crime syndicates.

I have heard from many Ohioans who are concerned that an ATT could infringe upon their Second Amendment rights. The ATT is not intended to devise a global gun ban or deny law-abiding U.S. citizens their right to bear arms. The United States has made it clear throughout negotiations that any potential ATT must respect the sovereign rights of nations to regulate gun sales and ownership within their own borders. The Supreme Court has also ruled that no treaty may supersede the powers set forth by our Constitution or Bill of Rights.

I fully support the Second Amendment right to bear arms and will continue to protect this fundamental right. Should the ATT come before the Senate for ratification, I will be sure to keep your views in mind, and I will not support any treaty that undermines the Second Amendment.

Thank you again for contacting me.

Sincerely,

Sherrod Brown
    United States Senator