Sign the UN Arms Treaty petition!

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by wv hillbilly, Jul 24, 2012.

1. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

signed and emailed.
  2. Ed Wagner

Ed Wagner Member

Signed and sent.
  3. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

4. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Signed and sent and I also paid the 9 bucks to have them hand delivered to capitol hill.Well worth the money.We have 3 reps in Indiana so it was 3 buck a letter.
  5. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

Ok signed the petition, and got a reply back from my Senator already. Probably a form letter, but here it is. What do you think?

Dear Mr. Riley:

Thank you for getting in touch with me about the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty (ATT).

Since 2006, members of the United Nations have been negotiating a treaty to combat the illicit international trade of arms. The treaty would establish global standards for the import, export, and transfer of conventional weapons — ranging from tanks, fighter jets, small arms, and ammunition — to prevent them from fueling conflicts or falling into the hands of terrorists, warlords, and international crime syndicates.

I have heard from many Ohioans who are concerned that an ATT could infringe upon their Second Amendment rights. The ATT is not intended to devise a global gun ban or deny law-abiding U.S. citizens their right to bear arms. The United States has made it clear throughout negotiations that any potential ATT must respect the sovereign rights of nations to regulate gun sales and ownership within their own borders. The Supreme Court has also ruled that no treaty may supersede the powers set forth by our Constitution or Bill of Rights.

I fully support the Second Amendment right to bear arms and will continue to protect this fundamental right. Should the ATT come before the Senate for ratification, I will be sure to keep your views in mind, and I will not support any treaty that undermines the Second Amendment.

Thank you again for contacting me.

Sincerely,

Sherrod Brown
    United States Senator
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I too have already gotten some return responses. Some of them actual emails sent by a real person.

Ripples turn into waves guys. Keep it up. Every little bit counts.
  7. lonewolf204

lonewolf204 Well-Known Member

I guess I'm a little slow, But I have signed and sent letters to my congressmen.
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  8. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

9. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    Signed and sent.
  10. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

Signed and sent.
  11. Curtis R

Curtis R New Member