1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Silencer for hi-point 9mm carbine.

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by AzRedneck, Mar 22, 2012.

1. AzRedneck

AzRedneck New Member

Does anyone know where I can buy one or if they even make one. I looked around a lil on google and really didn't find much. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Ryan
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  2. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Yeah, right.....

mike
    gn
  3. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Lots of places make cans for 9mm. You'd just need to have your muzzle threaded, to accept it.
  4. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

And pay the $200 to the ATF, unless that's gone up too.
  5. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

Nope, still $200. Has been since 1934.

Pretty straight-forward job. Have a gunsmith thread the barrel 1/2x36 ($50-$100). Arrange through a properly licensed dealer to purchase the suppressor ($450-$550). Fill out the Form 4, attach the required documents and a $200 check to BATFE, and wait 4-6 months for approval. That's all there is to it.
  6. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

The Hi Point is a heavy reliably firearm, very good for putting lead down range. However, Just My opinion, if I were going to go to the hassle of getting a 200 dollar stamp, I think I would at least put it on a firearm that cost more than the paperwork.
  7. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

You know, Ron, that was my first thought. Then I remembered that my only silenced gun is a Ruger Mark II. The can cost more than the gun. Hell, the paperwork cost more than the gun.