Silouette pistol progress

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by swanshot, Jun 25, 2004.

1. swanshot

swanshot New Member

Some of you guys might recall I was talkin about a silouette pistol building project. After much debate the calibre was decided as a 30/'357m. Eh???
    Yep that's right, a 357mag necked down to 308. Originally it was supposed to be 7.62x39 but after much debate, and a few beers it was decided that a more modest cartridge might serve just as well, and I figure if I don't like it I can always chamber out to 30 Herret. The Martini action is all polished up, the barrel chambered and as we speak, being polished. I've ordered the checkering tools from Brownells and lined up a 4x scope that I pick up next week. Woooooeeeee, it's all go. AND!!!! just to sweeten the deal I'm gettin It's companion carbine built at the same time on accounta I had to buy a rifle barrel to get the pistol length out of and it seemed a pity to waste the left over 16 inches. A matching pair of Martini action pistol and short rifle. Ahhhh people, what can i tell ya? I'm like a dog with two tails
  2. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

Sounds like you are having fun down under. Don't let the bolshevics get em'. Post some photos when finished. I bet it will look sharp.