The Firearms Forum banner

Silver Bullet Gun Oil test..

115K views 293 replies 59 participants last post by  polishshooter 
#1 ·
First off I want to thank Shooter45 and jack404. This review would not be possible without them two.

I got the bottle a few days ago. First thing I noticed was it is more thick than the other oils I use. I broke down a few guns and cleaned them real good. I got a few Qtips and lubed the rails on the XD9 and the where the rails ride in the slide. First thing I noticed was it sticks and a very little bit will go a looooong way. Not much is needed to make a gun slick. At first the what I thought to be a gimic of the pig fat, seems to make the oil stick like no other. When I cooked bacon this morning and after the fat got cold it sticks to anything, even the teflon coated pan. I tell ya what folks, the pigfat makes the whatever is in the rest of that bottle stick! I put a light coat on the outside of the barrel of the XD9 where you get them rings of wear on the barrel. I shot it a bunch and got the gun hot. After it cooled down there was still a slick coating like I just put it on. The Walther P22 was where this oil came into its own. That gun requires a good lube to run. Even after a bunch of shooting and the wife dropping the locked back slide pistol into the dirt, the gun just kept on running no matterhow dirty the oil got. I have fired over 10,000 rounds through that gun and this is the best lube I used on it, PERIOD! Infact the gun still feels so slick I did not clean it. I want to see how much it will go before I need to clean that dirty little needs lube to run right pistol stops..

I even treated the bores and it seems to do no harm. Them pumkins will never make it to paradise now lol...

I even put a few drops down the barrel of my boys BB gun and put one of the warning stickers on the stock for him..

All in all it was a good day with the wife and boy shooting pumkins. We went on a hike in the rainforest up here in the pacNW after the shooting and it was nice.

Folks, you might think this stuff is a gimick. It is NOT! I have tested alot of lubes and the only thing I do not like about it is that if you want it on parts deep inside it will not spider down to them. You will need to take the gun apart and lube the part. When you do it will be lubed for a long time. It sticks and it lasts. My XD9 is more smooth than it ever was. My chicom Ithaca M37 also runs alot more slick with it. I never lube the G37 so I will never know what it could do for that. The best was the P22. I will never use another lube on that gun again. It IS that good.

Another thing I did was add some BBs to the bottle. The stuff needs a good shake and the BBs help mix it up faster and better.

The other 87% of the bottles contents is one hell of a weapons lube. The pigfat makes it stick. On top of that, it will go with me the next time I go to work in far off places. It will be in my rifles bore. I just wish I had it the last 2 times I was there. All my HD weapons right now are treated with it, better not be terrorist Muslim when I am home or out on the streets. I got my Force multiplier now........

I will get pics up later, wife has the camera and is out with the girls right now doing girl stuff... yuck.....

http://www.silverbulletgunoil.net/

See less See more
#2 ·
Boris Thank you for your words , it impressed me too so is more than a gimmick

what i did was grind some plate 1030 steel to a bright shining new metal surface

put regular oils in stripes up and down and then did 2 either end with SBGO

2 weeks in the weather here and all except two had started to rust .. ;)

actially the synthetic motor oils protected better than a big name gun oil !!

but SBGO did the best , no rust what ever

love the BB idea , i may just do that here

cheers eh!!

#3 ·
Boris,Thanks for a great report. I'm very impressed with SBGO also. I have always used light weapons oil to coat the metal on all my firearms. Not anymore. :) I put a couple of drops on a shaving brush and coat all metal surfaces on the weapon. It stays......no worry about rust, fingerprints,etc. After shooting in the rain or handling any firearm, just wipe it down with a soft cloth. Good stuff.

Jack, I was going to coat some metal and leave it out in the rain also. You beat me to it. I did coat some bolt threads and screw the nuts on. I'll check them in a few weeks. At this point, I'm confident they will come loose with no problem.

I can honestly recommend Silver Bullet Gun Oil. It works.

Thanks for making this giveway possible. :)

#5 ·
I'm happy folks think its as good as i've said ..i think if your gonna sell something you believe in the product its self.

Credits to the Midnight Rider, the gent who started SBGO and developed this

his site may be straight hard core rant , but he's right , and he's a genius when it comes to lubing gun's , but he is a ex US Marine so he knows his guns..

its a serious gun oil as well as the "force multiplier" bonus

we've 2 squadrons of Australian troops and another 3 companies with SBGO and i know a heap load of US troops use it too

i do like the heavy weapons version too , i've a great report back from a mate in Afghanistan about a 3500 rnd sustained fire burst using SBGO but its way overkill for regular weapons

cheers folks

#6 ·
The Otis CLP I have is almost twice the cost and does not lube nowhere near as good!

My Chicom bottom ejector is now covered with it and I know it will protect it for a looooong time.

The fact it makes the needs lube P22 run so good impresses me the most. I also did not clean the original application to the XD9 off. I am going to do a couple long term tests on this stuff. As time passes I will keep everyone updated.

Everyone needs to atleast try the stuff! I feel guilty now not buying it. I chalk this one up to Karma. I have sent people on other forums stuff for free to help them out and it looks like it is my turn now on this one.

I will be buying some for family members though....

This is a no bull testimony folks. If it was junk I would not hold back. No need to look any farther than this stuff if you are a serious shooter!

The boy loves it that he can ruin a Ts life if he gets some pig on a T with his BB gun too.

Still waiting for the wife to get home to post pics. He loves the sticker on the stock of his BB gun lol.....

#7 ·
I'm still using SBGO and love it. For some reason everytime I use it on a firearm I get hungry for bacon. Whats that all about ? Seriously though, it is a very long lasting lube. I've found that I can shoot alot of rounds and my guns are still silky smooth, especially my Dan Wesson 1911. That BB idea sounds like a good one. Thanks for that suggestion Boris. I like the fact that it's an oil, but stays put like grease, so I don't get a messy buildup of lube at the back of the slide where it meets up with the frame. Solid product guys. Thanks again for letting me try it.

#8 ·
I also want to give a BIG thanks to Jack and Shooter!
I'm 110% sold on the SBGO...I thought the CLP was good and it is, but not as good as the SBGO. Before going out coyote hunting yesterday evening, I wiped down my rifle and have it a good even coat of SBGO and wiped the excess off. It rained/snowed and talk about a rifle shedding water!:) And even touching/holding the barrel of the rifle...well that oil was still on there with that coat. I'm rough on metal with my salty finger prints anways, and with this, there isnt any! After all the rain/snow on my rifle barrel, etc., I could still touch it and there was still a coat on the metal. I'm totally impressed and been coating several other guns I have this evening. This morning before leaving, I took part of a 12ga shotgun barrel and put 4 different types of gun oil on it and gonna let it set outside and see just what happens to it. Which I'm almost sure on one thing, the sbgo isnt going to evaporate or run off with the weather!!! Here's the barrel I put out this morning and gonna just see what happens with the 4 oils/lubes I put on it.
Thanks again to Jack and Shooter!!!:)

Attachments

#9 ·
A coupld pics

Here is the sticker on the BB gun.

And a pic just before we hit the trail. My cougar protection......
For some reason it stopped raining while we were out and started right when we left so its a pretty dry pic.

That laser max the wife got me for our anniversary is a sweet tool to add. Three range visits and it is still zeroed perfect and I can see it in the day light. Still fits my IWB holster too. Only Silverbullet I used on it was in the bore so it is relevant lol..... and its my thread!!

#18 ·
That is the only con to this oil. It NEEDS something in there to help mix it up. The pro to shaking for a long time before use is it gets the stuff that makes it work so good on the metal.

#19 ·
BB's ( stainless steel) going into each bottle for Asia Pacific from thursday

know how funny a look i got when i walked into a supplier and asked how much for 1000 SS BB's ??

dunno about the US side yet Sent a message to MR ( boss of SBGO ) but no reply back yet

i figured food grade SS bb's would not affect the USDA approval on the ag product componant ;)

#20 ·
I may start using a thin dowel rod for stirring. Then shaking vigoriously. Once mixed, this stuff really stays in place. I had my wife doing the shaking for me last night. It was working out pretty well until she caught on. :D

Dale, how is the barrel test coming along ??
Well, so far we havent had much "diversity" in the weather here (as far as rain goes) but, the temps have been all over the place and the rain actually has just started this morning. The Rem oil seems "fading" the most as expected. The Hoppe's is still hanging in there and the CLP is doing good and the SBGO....that's the one I'm going to check on later this morning after it's had a good rain on it. I "glanced" at it yesterday as I was walking by in a rush, and something didnt look "right" with the SBGO? We have had a lot of frost on the barrel being tested and changing temps but ive barely had the time to have a good look. But I'll give it a real good look this morning and see how all four are really faring!

#21 ·
Shooter and Jack, I got my bottle of SBGO today and cant wait to try it out. Many thanks to you both for sharing this oil with me and the other forum members that got to try it out. I will have to go shooting this weekend so's I can get a bunch of guns dirty. Hey Jack, what does the araberical writing say on the decals? Those are pretty cool. One is going on my Tundra.:D

#23 ·
After 10 days of the cut off shotgun barrel with four oils on it, the Rem-Oil actually done well. There is still a thin protective (film) on the barrel and (nothing) got through to the barrel. The Hoppe's Elite didnt fare as well, it's basically worn off with a bit or residue left on the barrel. The Break Free CLP is still good to go! Almost as if it had just been put on the barrel. The Silver Bullet Gun Oil
is still on and looks about the same as the CLP.
When I applied all four oils on the barrel I put it on thick and didnt wipe any excess off. From what I can tell and would say, the SBGO and the CLP are running neck to neck. The Hoppe's Elite was a no-go against the others. The Rem-oil actually done well, better then I thought it would.
But this barrel was left out on a deck for 10 days and not touched. We didnt have much rain till the past few days, and frost most every night and the barrel was placed to where it could catch the brunt of the weather.
So with this said, one can make his own conclusions I suppose. It may have been better to go out from time to time and finger-print up the barrel and seen how that took with all four.....(from the test and conditions from what I done...HOPPE'S ELITE SUCKS big time!!! :D)

#24 ·
This sounds like a great product and one I will definately try out, but I've got one question. According to the instructions you use this on the bore. From my very earliest firearms instruction up through the military, I've always been taught that while you can use a few drops of oil on a patch through the bore if you are storing a gun for a time, to ALWAYS remove any trace of oil before firing. Is that no longer true? I've wondered about this before when I've heard people say they always run an oily patch through the bore when cleaning their guns.

#25 ·
This sounds like a great product and one I will definately try out, but I've got one question. According to the instructions you use this on the bore. From my very earliest firearms instruction up through the military, I've always been taught that while you can use a few drops of oil on a patch through the bore if you are storing a gun for a time, to ALWAYS remove any trace of oil before firing. Is that no longer true? I've wondered about this before when I've heard people say they always run an oily patch through the bore when cleaning their guns.
The last step when cleaning is run an oiled patch down the barrel to keep rust away. Then, BEFORE you shoot again, run a dry patch or two down the barrel to remove the oil. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.