Silver Bullet Gun Oil test..

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Boris, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Welcome Hijinx39, I use CLP on my S&W nickel revolver and gently rub off all the fouling on it using a Qtip and some soft cloth. And then wipe it all off and use oil of choice.
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Welcome Hijinx, any good bore solvent will do it... I prefer Butchs Bore shine... Then finish with a dab of SBGO and the powder residue cant stick to it anymore...

You can get SBGO form http://www.silverbulletgunoil.net/
  3. stresssolutions

stresssolutions New Member

you can send one to me, if you're wanting to give one away that badly! :)
  4. hunter29180

hunter29180 Active Member

same here if you have any left! been reading the posts and thinking about trying a bottle so would be a good "convincer".
  5. Boris

Boris Former Guest

I been away at work for a bit folks. Got back a couple days ago.

Anyway, I took my XD9 apart today and took a look at the spots I lubed on it with SBGO. The lube not only is still there, it is exactly where I put it on a third of a year ago and 300ish rounds ago. There is no need to wipe and relube yet.

All my other guns are still lubed up and rustfree. I even store two in full flap leather holsters that are known rust growing grounds. Neither has a spec of rust on them.

I have used it from -23F to 100F. Days long exposure to rain, dust, hunting, sunlight. Does not matter how or where you use it. It just is as simple as it is the best lube/protectant I have ever used.

Look forward to catching back up with y'all..........
  6. Campbell

Campbell New Member

I have not used this Oil yet, but I have been hearing reports from friends in Alaska that this stuff works great is sub-zero temperatures and simply will not freeze the actions in Firearms. has anyone else heard anything about this ?.
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Campbell , a couple SF mates ( Australians ) serving in the highlands of Afghanistan this past winter have given me great reports on how it wont freeze up in -21 d C temp's ( we use centigrade here )
  8. Boris

Boris Former Guest

I used it at -23F and it worked just fine.
  9. Boris

Boris Former Guest

I just got done doing five days of testing on several M4s (real ones). On my work rifle I put the smallest amount of SBGO where I lube 'er up. Shot a few combat loads. I wiped off the bolt to clean at the end of the day. The next four days I did NOT apply anymore SBGO because there was enough left on it to make it work slick. The next four days got the same cleaning. Just a wipe off.

Several 20 hour days later and well over 1000 rounds from just my rifle later and the rifle was slick as could be. We got the same results from 8 other rifles.

This stuff works better than ANY CLP I have ever used at work. Cleanup is also alot faster. Carbon and residue wipes right off.

The more I use it the more I know I have ended my search for the best lube made. I could care less whats in it at this point! The stuff just works.......
  10. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Thanks Boris for a great testimonial. You are absolutely correct about it staying where you put it for a LONG time. I've been shooting my STI Spartan a lot after applying SBGO after a complete cleaning out of the box. The lube is still there. Someone made the statement " It's the best gun oil on the planet". They hit the nail on the head.

I have sent out several more samples of SBGO and we should have more reports soon. :)
  11. Boris

Boris Former Guest

I know of more than a few guys at work that are now ordering this lube after they seen how well it works.

My XD9 is on my side right now and it has the same lube (right where I put it 4 months ago) in and on her. I have never seen a lube not vanish over that amount of time in my life. [note: the XD9 gets used on a regular basis, it dont just sit in the safe! 4 full months of use and its still there]

I have tested it in the rain forests of the pac north west. The brutal cold of MI winters and so far the dry dusty drought conditions in NC we got right now.

If they made Silver Bullet Vtwin oil I would put it in my Harley lol.
  12. Boris

Boris Former Guest

I do not even know how to thank you enough for sending me that bottle!! I tortured my issue M4 all last week with it. All I had to do to clean it was wipe it off. Well I wiped and wiped until there was just the thinest of coat on my rifle that just would not wipe off. I only got to fire three full combat loads this week (210 rounds). We fired them off as fast as possible. The guns got hot. The guns that got wiped of all their CLP and that were fired 'dry' would not make it through one full load out without jamming due to lack of lube. My wiped 'dry' rifle with SBGO never missed a beat! I wish I could have fired it until failure but all the free ammo ran out. All I had to do to clean at the end of the day was wipe.

It is the best I have ever used my man and I have tried just about everything. Its going to take one hell of a lube for me to change from it..
  13. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Silver Bullet Gun Oil

Sam sent me a bottle to include with the dies for some lucky winner this month, and sent me a bottle for me too...

This stuff is GREAT. He warned me not to use too much, and he is RIGHT, a LITTLE goes a long way...

The graphite mixture looks at first like it is gunky, but trust me it is NOT.

I used it on my "new to me" Yugo M57 after I stripped the cosmoline off it, and used a LOT less than I would have usually used with my normal oil, and am STILL wiping it off!:p

But more than that, the pistol feels like it is NEW...and the typical crappy commie trigger actually is feeling much better since I got all the cosmoline off it and got the oil on it....but while the oil is GOOD, but it DOESN'T remove "Commie Creep" lol...:p:cool:

I will be sending a PM to Sam to see how I can buy some more...
  14. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Re: Silver Bullet Gun Oil

It is some good stuff. Sam sent me a bottle several weeks ago and I use it on just about everything. I have rubbed all my reloading dies down with it, I lubed my press with it, and of course I use it on all my guns.

I kinda found a new use for it yesterday. I bought a new holster for my P238 that is very tight. It is difficult getting the gun in and out of it so I put a little extra on the pistols slide, where it comes in contact with the leather. It seems to really help with breaking in the holster.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  15. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

16. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Gdmoody, if it is a leather holster, dont use any oils or anything like that. Try putting your pistol in a sandwich bag or some other plastic sack and holstering it. Leave it overnight. This should stretch the leather just enough to allow for easier holstering.
  17. Shooter45

One drop on a shaving brush is all you need for a through oiling. Just remember to wipe off the excess. It sure stays put even after over 800 rounds thru my STI Spartan.
  18. Shooter45

I'll giveaway another bottle soon. :)
  19. Country101

Country101 Active Member

20. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I bought a 6 pack shortly after Sam sent me a bottle a few months ago. I bought 3 bottles of the regular and 3 of the HW.

I ended up mixing the 2 together into a quart size machine oil bottle after first testing a small amount mixed in an epoxy mixing cup. It works the very same as normal SBGO but is a tad thicker and stays even better. I clean my rifles and pistols as nromal with the bore solvents and wiping and picking with Q tips, then I use 1 patch with SBGO run back and forth thru the bore to deposit an even thin film, then i use that same patch to wipe the entire weapon down. And follow with a dry shop towel. Since using SBGO, weapon cleanup takes about half the time as before when i was using Mpro7. Fouling doesnt stick to treated surfaces, including the bore interior. When I shoot my custom SavageCBI .308 I run 2 boreshine soaked patches thru the bore and its spotless, then dry it and relube with an SBGO patch.

I LOVE THIS STUFF!